chapter 8

Lillian had gotten home a little late, because of the traffic. On getting home, she asked Richard's driver Mr. bushwell if Richard had returned home but he told her that Richard hadn't returned yet, so she went in.

 She was a little worried but decided not to think much of it. After freshening up, she felt a little hungry so she went down to eat. Going downstairs she decided to microwave the leftover pasta in the fridge. After microwaving, she sat at the dinning table to eat, and she looked at the time once again and realized that it was almost 11pm and Richard wasn't back yet so she decided to place a call but the line was switched off. In frustration, she dropped the phone and got up to do the dishes.

While doing the dishes, she didn't notice that Richard had already come back. Richard staggered in... with the sole intentions of getting the answers he desperately wanted to hear but was also scared at the same time to learn the truth or even witness the guilt in her eyes when he confronts her but he was already blind drunk with rage.

 And upon hearing the sound of the utensils, he traced his way to the kitchen where he saw that her back was turned to him. In his drunken state he staggered towards her.

Lillian, was doing the dishes when she she felt Richard's arms circled around her waist, and abruptly turned her around and with his arms around her waist, he  pulled her towards him, and his lips were on hers and because she gasped in shock upon Richard's sudden behaviour, his tongue gained entrance into her mouth. She was supposed to feel thrilled or even butterflies in her stomach as people would describe it. But she suddenly felt scared because, he kissed her with so much brutal force. And having tasted the alcohol on his tongue she tried to pull away from him, but he pulled her even much closer to himself and kissed her  even harder, deepening the sudden kiss, like his life depended on it.

After much struggle, and probably because he was drunk, he finally pulled away. And looking up at him in anger pushing him further away from her, she raised her hand to him and with shocked rage in her eyes, she asked " Richard.... what on earth has gotten into you? And why are you even drunk, you know how much I hate it when people are drunk don't you"?.

Richard only laughed ignoring her question, he slowly walked towards her causing Lillian to take several steps back and by now, he had already caged her between himself and the sink and slowly raising his hand, he traced her lips with his thumb he said

 " When he kisses you it's alright but when I do, even though I'm your husband you push me away?".  Still confused about his statement she said "That doesn't change the fact that your drunk Richard I will not tolerate this behaviour form you. You have been acting strange since you got back and you won't say anything to anybody. But this...

Before she could finish talking he had pushed the dishes she had earlier washed to the ground making them shatter. And in shock she looked down at the broken plates and up at him again and screamed " Richard what has gotten into you"?

"You! Lillian.... you! your betrayal, and lies Lillian that's what has gotten into me". And by now he scoffed and said " let's not forget the fact that you let another man touch you.... and then when I get close to you, you act like am committing a sin"
Richard screamed at her.

By now he had gotten closer to her and pulling her towards him by the waist he said " you will let me touch you won't you? You are only mine aren't you"? And before she could reply from the shock of what she heard his lips were on her again but this time they were on her jaw, her neck and his grip as well was so tight that she was sure that she was going to bruised for she had a delicate skin. By now she was so scared and in tears she pleaded

" Please Richard stop I'm begging you". He didn't realize that she was crying until he felt her tears, touch his skin and he pushed her away and this time spoke into her ears which made her swallow and flinch " I will never forget your betrayal Lillian. I will remember it for  as long as I live". And stepping on the broken shards of plates, he left the kitchen.

She sagged against the sink in tears and by now she was shaking....'betrayal, lies'....  What on earth was he talking about she was even more confused that she had ever been. While still in a trance of what had happened earlier her phone rang on the kitchen island and quickly cleaning her eyes, she saw it was her mother calling. And quickly putting herself together, she picked the call and her mother's voice came through the phone " Lillian my dear how are you? I'm sorry I've not called. You see I've been busy volunteering all day and haven't had time to call anyone. But peter called me earlier today and asked that I check up on you because he felt you were stressed you are ok right"?

"Of course mum I'm alright. You know Peter worries a lot I promise I'm fine mum don't worry and if you can, tell peter not to worry as well". Lillian said.

"Alright dear take care of yourself. Is Richard there so I can talk to him. I need to tell him to take good care of my daughter" her mother said

" He's asleep mum and he's a bit under the weather so maybe I will get him to talk to you tomorrow alright, take care mum its late you should go to bed" she said to her mother.
After she cut the call, she began to pick the broken plates from the floor  noticing some blood stains and she was reminded once again about what had earlier happened between her and Richard. When she was done cleaning the place up she decided to get a few clothes from their bedroom, and use the spare bedroom because she wasn't sure she was ready to sleep in the same room with Richard not after what he just did.

Getting into the room she realized that he was out cold and he was lying on the bed, so she quickly picked out a few clothes. As she was about to leave, she looked at him once again and her eyes trained down to his feet, and  she saw that they were bleeding She quickly dropped the clothes beside the bed and went to get the first aid kit. She carefully cleaned his wound and put a band aid on his feet, and covered him up properly.

Standing up to leave she looked at him once again, he looked so disturbed even in his sleep then she suddenly remembered what he last said to her before he left. And she thought... when had she ever betrayed or lied to him. Slowly closing the door behind her, she left to the spare bedroom they had in their house.

By the time she laid on the bed, she was tired because she had to change the sheets and clean the room a little as well as the bathroom since nobody had used the room in months. But she was suddenly grateful that they had that spare bedroom. And lying down to sleep, she had just one thought going through her mind and that was that perhaps, she should have just stayed back at the office then she wouldn't have had to see this side of Richard.... But then again enough of all this puzzle she was going to find out what has prompted this behaviour from Richard.

Authors note

Hiii,

Please read,vote and comment
What do you think Lillian will find out soon?
# immamiten☺️❤️