chapter 14

Looking at Lillian, he could tell that she was stressed and he was also shocked by the cloth she was putting on. He could see that she was putting on a turtle neck, long sleeved black gown and although it was not short, it wasn't long either....but then again Lillian never liked turtle neck dresses.

He found out back when there were in college, and started dating.... he had decided to buy her a present and he bought a turtle neck dress for her which was red in colour...it was a very beautiful dress and when she had received and opened the present, he could tell that she was not happy about the present even though she did her best to appear very happy and ecstatic about the present he gave her.

 When he asked her why she had told him that she couldn't wear turtle neck dresses because she always felt suffocated when she wore them....so he was shocked to see that....that was what she wore...then he suddenly he thought that perhaps she was lying to him back them as well and then he was suddenly angry again. Still sitting down, he asked " What are you doing here?".

Taking the papers from her bag, she handed them over to him with trembling hands, which she tried her best to conceal and with a straight face she said " I came to give you this". Opening them, he could see that they were the divorce papers he had asked his lawyer to prepare. Inspecting the papers properly he saw her signature in the papers....and although, he was a bit shocked he didn't let it show and seeing her signature and of course the dress she was putting on as well, he replied " Finally Lillian you are now free from this so called marriage congratulations".

She didn't reply to his words and instead she reached into her bag once again and this time brought out a pen drive and handed it to him and said

 " And Richard when you find the time please I want you to listen to what is on this pen drive". Smirking, he said " What? Is it the confession to all your wrong doings and betrayal to me"?.

" You are free to think whatever you want Richard...its your choice to listen to it or not take care of yourself and..... Goodbye Richard".

Leaving Richard's office, and entering the elevator, she was almost in tears once again. This one week was the worst week of her life so far...she could barely concentrate at work or even eat anything. By now, her mother had also found out as well and she had offered to fly back from the country in which she was doing volunteering work but Lillian had assured her, that she was alright. Her mother had found out about the whole issue through Anita and she was very angry she wanted to call Richard as well but Lillian had begged her mother not to do it.

Hailing a cab and getting in, all the tears which she had tried to hold in came rushing down her cheeks. While still trying to comport herself she decided to look outside the window perhaps she would feel better but she only ended up feeling worse and not too long after that there was a heavy down pour as well as traffic...and because of the traffic, they were just at a spot and while looking out the window, she saw a couple, who were trying to run away from the rain and seek shelter and watching them closely she could tell they were having fun because when they had finally gotten shelter they began to laugh and the boy tried his best to shelter the girl from the rain as well...she could see the love and affection between them.

The scene caused her to suddenly remember Richard who she just made the decision to leave, and move on since the so called marriage as he described it was clearly hurting them both. While in his office, she couldn't even look him in the eye because she didn't want to look at him since she might have not been able to take the bold step she took. She could still remember the love they had between them, and  it made her suddenly tear up again still looking at the couple, the traffic eased up and they started moving once again and when she heard the cab driver tell her that they have gotten to their destination she looked up and saw that she had given him the wrong address.

She had given him the address of their house together...and although, the rain was still pouring it wasn't so heavy looking up and seeing the house she was shocked and kept staring at the house, until the cab driver called her attention once again and she said to him
" I'm sorry this is the wrong address can you please take me to Rich valley estate I will pay extra thanks". Nodding to her request, the cab driver took her to Rich valley estate and  paying the cab driver, she got down and started walking to her friends house.

Rich valley estate was a little on the outskirts of town... And although, it was newly built it was a very beautiful, quiet, and calm place...the security was also topnotch, since it was newly built. she slowly walked to Anita's house taking in the air and trying her best to feel better because she was starting to feel very light headed.

 Getting to Anita's house, she rung the bell but by the time the door was opened she couldn't see who was standing in front of her and although, she could hear someone screaming her name, everything suddenly went blank.

Authors note

Hii guys
I'm sorry this chapter is a little short. Will try to make it longer... had a very busy day and of course today is my BIRTHDAY!!!!!!! so I'm supper excited and also tired well..... till next time

love you all.

#immamiten 🥰

#AMH😍🥰