chapter 15

Lillian regained consciousness calling out to Richard. She had a very bad dream and in that dream, she was happy at first.... very happy in fact but suddenly, she started crying and in that dream she realized that Richard had left her and she was calling out to him.

Opening her eyes with tears rolled down her cheeks, but she quickly closed it back because everywhere was so bright and because of that she realized once again, that she had a splitting headache, By the time she opened them again, she was finally able to adjust to the light but then she could hear the beeping of a machine and looking around her she realized that she was in the hospital and she began to panic.

She tried to get up from the bed but was stopped by a nurse who she didn't even realize was in the room.

" Please don't get up you must rest...I will call in the lady who came with you...she has been waiting for you to regain consciousness".

She only nodded and laid back down starring at the ceiling when she heard the door open and then shut.

Anita was seated right outside Lillian's room and by now she was tired of pacing around back and forth, waiting for Lillian to regain consciousness. she had began to really worry for her friend she had been in great support of her when she decided to sign the divorce papers... she had even offered to give them to Richard herself but Lillian refused she had claimed she wanted to see him one last time and she obliged her... She sat down recalling what had happened earlier.

By the time she heard the doorbell, she looked through the small screen installed just by her door, and saw Lillian so she quickly went to the door and opened it but before she could say two words, Lillian fainted right before her she had at least managed to stop her from hitting her head on the floor. She had heard, or at least seen that when people faint, people usually sprinkle water on them or some would even say you should make them smell a footwear but she did all that and Lillian didn't even move and that was when she began to panic not that she would tell her all that.

She quickly called the ambulance and gave them her house address luckily they arrived on time and when she saw them putting an oxygen mask on her face, she was afraid and asked one of the paramedics what was wrong with her and why they were giving her oxygen and he told her that Lillian had very low blood pressure and that if she had called any later than she did or if they had even arrived any later than they did then she would have lost her friend that day.

Sitting there and waiting outside, she saw the nurse go into the room and hoped that Lillian was okay...thinking about her friend she was suddenly angry with Richard she had almost called him to tell him what had happened to Lillian but then she stopped herself and she was frustrated because at least in some hospitals you could see the patient through the door but the doors of this hospital were not built that way...and while still seated there she heard the door to Lillian's room open and she quickly rushed up to the nurse and said " Nurse please is she doing okay? has she woken up yet"?.

"Yes she just woke up...but she was calling out to someone I heard her say... Richard do you perhaps know who he is?".

" He's no one thanks for informing me about her regaining consciousness...can I please see her?".

The nurse nodded and walked away and Anita quickly opened the door and entered Lillian's room. Looking at her she felt so sorry for her friend Lillian. Lillian had been through a lot and yet she had always remained strong she couldn't even remember the last time she saw her so devastated. She saw her starring at the ceiling and it looked like she didn't even realize that someone had entered the room.

"Lillian. .Lillian" she called out before Lillian's gaze landed on her and noticing her eyes they were red and Lillian said to her

" Anita you are here where is Richard? Is he perhaps outside?

" Please tell him to come in I want to see him. Anita I had a very bad dream that Richard left me ".

Slowly sitting down by the bed she put her hand on her shoulder and hugged her.

" Lillian I'm so sorry.... Just focus on getting better you nearly died and you have barely eaten for the past week please just forget everything for now alright".

Before Anita was done with her words Lillian began to cry all over again and said

"What do I do Anita...what do I do with all this pain....please....please make it go away I can't take it anymore...when will it stop hurting so much?".

"Shhhh its alright please don't cry it will stop hurting with time I promise you and he will eventually one day realize that he lost a gem of a person...just focus on getting better for now OK".

Anita didn't stay much longer because lillian has persuaded her to leave since she had been there for a long time already and she had work the very next day. She was also upset with her because, she had blurted out that she had called her mother and told her she was in the hospital when she was still unconscious and now her mother was already on a flight back home.

While she was now alone in the room, she was once again left to her thoughts and the nurse had also given her, her cellphone earlier because according to the nurse the phone had been ringing non stop and thanking the nurse, she took her phone and realized that it was an unknown number that had called her.

Authors note

Hi everyone hello to all my readers so far and silent ones as well and a big thank you to all those who are still reading .

Please...please...please read vote and comment as well share if you can as well.. And continue to encourage me with your reading and votes
Love you all
#immamiten😍

#AMH🥰🤩