chapter 13

"Right....Right..I'm not the man you married... But you are certainly not the woman I thought you were" Richard said with unfocused eyes.

But now his eyes were suddenly so focused looking into her tear filled eyes and said " Why are you crying?".. He made an attempt to wipe the tears on her face and although she flinched at first when he raised his hand she relaxed a bit when he just used the pad of his fingers to wipe the tears on her face....and he continued

 " You should be happy I'm finally letting you go to be with the one you truly love... Looking at your face right now and this eyes I..I...feel so enraged because I can't believe that the love I can see in them are for me at least not anymore. I can't even recognize my self anymore.. Lillian you have made me a monster". He paused and by now his gaze on her hardened once again and he said " I will never forgive you Lillian.. For this pain that will live with me forever....I will never forget what you've done to me".

By now he had stepped back and once again, almost lost his balance and Lillian, involuntarily tried to help him once again but using his hand as an indication, he told her to stop and said " I don't want you touching me".

After Richard left, Lillian slowly slid down the wall she had used to wedge herself.......and began to cry once again. She suddenly recalled what he said. He had said that the love in her eyes were for someone else...he had called himself a monster.

Until today, Lillian never thought a day would come where she would raise her hand to Richard.... and she had done it twice already. Her hand still stung from the slap  and  she was stupefied at his behavior he had basically manhandled her...the bite marks on her shoulder and even her neck was clear proof that she what just happened wasn't a mirage. She tried to cover up still crying and wondering where it all went wrong.

This marriage was clearly hurting them both. After every wedding there was a honeymoon but she clearly remembered when they had said their vows, exchanged rings, and went straight to the reception venue. Everyone gave their best wishes, there were so many gifts as well... even the orphanage she grew up in before she was adopted by her mother, sent her presents and their best wishes.. She didn't really do well with crowd but that day was her happiest day so she didn't mind.

 Her cheeks hurt so much from smiling and laughing all day, but she couldn't complain because, whenever she would look at Richard she would be filled with so much joy and happiness and even if she had died that day she wouldn't be sad so how on earth could he say that her eyes reflected love for someone else, or that he didn't believe that the love he saw in her eyes were for him but someone else.

And he thought that someone else was his snake of a brother. Never in her wildest dreams could she ever have thought that Aaron had such I'll thoughts sometimes she would think  this was all a terrible nightmare and also wish, that she would wake up as soon as possible. But then again if wishes were horses.

Still crying, she decided to leave the house because she suddenly felt so suffocated .

It was 2am in the morning, when Anita heard her doorbell and still in a sleep haze, she decided it was certainly not her door since no one in their right mind would ring the bell by that time of day. But after hearing the doorbell repeatedly like an alarm, she decided to go have a look and by the time she got to the living room, she became certain that it was her door and decided to open it. Although at first she didn't want to open it since it was really late, and she was the only one at home.. but after hearing the door bell once again she decided to see who was at the door.

Upon opening the door, she was shocked to see Lillian and looking at her she suddenly felt so sorry for her as well as angry at Richard.

" Oh my God Lillian what on earth happened? its so late... come on.. come inside" she ushered her into the house with a small bag she was carrying.

Lilian sat down for the next thirty minutes telling Anita what happened between her her Richard that night.

" He clearly can't handle alcohol. I mean he knows how much you hate to see people drunk and he still goes out to drink? I feel like slapping the truth Into his head".

Anita was right if only those two slaps she gave him would help him see the truth so that they could go back to how things were before all this she would gladly do it so he could finally see the truth though it hurt her to slap him across the face like that.

But now, everything was over their marriage, their love, trust everything was over now she suddenly remembered the saying that sometimes love wasn't enough and in their case,
love wasn't enough because now there was no more trust. He didn't trust her anymore and out of all he had done and said to her, that was what hurt the most.

It had been a week since Richard saw Lillian and even though a part of him was worried and wanted to check up on her, he would suddenly remember the video and scold himself..... and besides he had a lot of work to catch up on and the last conversation he remembered they had was when she had come to his office to show him the divorce papers he had asked his lawyer to prepare in anger. He also realized that he had been drinking too much lately even his friend Nelson, had commented on how haggard he looked...and he decided to stop sulking about an unfaithful woman and concentrate on his company which was beginning to suffer from his lack of attention and they had already lost a very important deal.

Later that afternoon, he was walking on some documents, when he heard his door open and he raised his head wanting to shout at whoever it was and was shocked to see that it was Lillian.