chapter 16

Lillian didn't bother calling the unknown number back she had seen on her call log. For a moment, she thought that perhaps it was Richard that had called her but she also thought to herself that she was being delusional and besides the nurse also gave her a sedative which started to take effect shortly after the nurse left so she dropped her phone on the table beside her bed and laid down to sleep.

A few hours later, Lillian woke up and slowly opening her eyes she saw someone who she least expected.

"Aaron? What are you doing here? The anger was evident in her voice as she tried to slowly seat up. He tried to help her but she slapped his hand away and asked again.

"What on earth are you doing here? Don't you think you have already done enough?". Anger evident on her face even as she continued trying to seat up.

"I came to see you Lillian...I called your line and I figured you blocked me so I called using another line... and since you didn't pick up as well I came here...and they easily let me in because I told them I was your husband". He said with a small smile on his face.

"What? How dare you...and how on earth did you know I was here are you stalking me"?. She said this time in frustration.

"That is not important Lillian you will exert yourself if you stress now stop getting upset....and how I found out is also not important I'm concerned about you Lillian".

"Concerned? She scoffed and continued "Concerned? You are the reason why I am here Aaron....you are the reason why Richard has ended our marriage....even though you knew how much he meant to me and how much I loved him you still went and ruined everything".

Aaron angrily replied "You refused to look at me as more than a friend..."

She didn't let him finish and in anger she said " Get out...get out right now.... didn't I tell you to go burn in hell I really hope I never see you again....get out ". she said again.

Getting up and walking to the door he turned around and said "Lillian I didn't do much all I did was send the video and pictures and only he decided to believe them and not your words.. only he decided to end your marriage as well".

"I wish you  speedy recovery....maybe when you feel better then we can talk what do you say?".

"Get out"! She screamed once again in anger in tears and he left. Not too long after, a nurse came in and asked if she was alright and she said to the nurse 

" Please never let that man near me again I do not want to see his face".

The nurse nodded, checked her vitals and left and she laid down once again. She refused to admit it but Aaron was right about one thing it was Richard's choice to believe the videos or not and it was also his choice to end their marriage.

She was still lying down and starring at nothing in particular when she heard the door open and  that drew her attention and for the first time that day, looking at who it was she smiled.

"Mum....you are here" she slowly sat up and hugged her mother and perhaps its because she hadn't seen her mother in a while but she began to cry in her mother's arms once again.

" Lillian my dear child its enough now stop crying you have shed enough tears for him OK....please dear just focus on getting better and look I brought fruits have some".

she ate the fruits her mum cut up for her while they spoke of her travels and how the volunteering work was going. And for the first time in a while she felt a little better and she even laughed and Mrs. peters was so happy to see smiles on her daughter's face. When Anita called her and told her that Lillian had fainted and all that had happened, she was shocked and angry at Richard but she chose not to confront him until she saw Lillian first, and made sure she was okay.

"Mum do you think I will be able to stop hurting...I can't believe our marriage is over I didn't want to sign the papers mum I wanted to fight for our love but then I realized that staying together would only hurt us...Richard was changing and the light in his eyes died as well he was always so angry....he was not the Richard I used to know anymore and it was scarring me so I had to end it for both our sakes...did I do the right thing mum"?.

Mrs peters slowly patted her daughter's head and said " of course my dear you did the right thing....you see my dear in a marriage love isn't the only thing that holds the marriage but trust as well and if that trust isn't there the love is lost as well...and even if the love is still there the lack of trust will only bring pain and hurt".

Lillian smiled at her mother and hugged her once again and since she was feeling better, she asked her mum to inquire from her doctor when she will be discharged. Her mum nodded and left the room closing the door and Lillian began to think about how she would go back to their house since she had to pack up her clothes she hoped she wouldn't run into Richard since she wasn't ready to face him just yet but then again she forgot that sometimes things don't always happen the way we want.

Her mother returned not too long after she left and came with the good news that she would be discharged the next morning she was grateful because she always hated going to hospitals because for some reason  the four walls always made her anxious and not to forget the smell of drugs as well as injections....she certainly wasn't a fan of either of them.