chapter 11

Lillian was still shocked about what she saw written in the document... She sat on the bed holding the paper in her hand.

She tried calling Richard as well.. But he refused to pick up. It was also clear that he was ignoring her call on purpose.

She couldn't seat still after what she saw.. she was scared and afraid.. afraid that her fears might come true. And the paper she was looking at right now had finally brought all her fears to reality

Since Richard didn't pick his call, and she decided that she would go to his office so she called his secretary.

" Hello good afternoon please who is speaking?" She heard his secretary say and she immediately replied " umm Evelyn is my husband in?".

"Good afternoon Mrs. Wilson... Umm Mr. Wilson is in a meeting right now but I will tell him you called". Evelyn said cheerfully and before she could continue she heard Lillian say..." No..no don't bother telling him I want to surprise him Okay...thanks ".

Lillian quickly changed her clothes and decided to go Richard's office. When she arrived at his office, she was greeted by so many people because, most of them attended her wedding to Richard. Before entering Richard's office she saw Evelyn and they both exchanged greetings... Evelyn asked her if she needed anything but she declined saying that she was doing OK.

But was she really okay? Taking out the paper from her bag and looking at it once again she didn't know how to feel... Today was one really crazy day.. She certainly couldn't even stomach water right now. She also felt frustrated having to smile at people on her way to Richard's office as well as receiving their congratulations when in reality she felt like curling up in her bed and crying or better still wake up from what was starting to seem like a crazy nightmare.

Richard was just done with his meeting feeling really angry and irritated. Even the workers at the office were feeling his anger and frustration as well... He was basically barking orders at people.... And the workers were really shocked even the board members could tell he was angry.. From the scroll on his face, to the balling of his fists every now and then.

Lillian waited for a really long time and was almost dozing off since she barely had any sleep last night when someone barged in... Waking up with a start, she was a bit startled seeing that it was Richard. Richard also noticing that someone was in his office realized that it was lillian.. And upon seeing her he was a bit shocked because she never really liked coming to his office... But at the same time he was very angry but before he could say anything she said

" Richard what is this ?" She showed him the paper which she had earlier found in their bedroom.

Taking the paper from her he said "What are you doing here Lillian?". Ignoring the question she asked.

"What kind of question is that Richard? I came to see my husband and of course to ask what you meant by that paper you are holding in your hand".

" Husband? For someone to have a husband Lillian they must be married and this document you are calling a piece of paper reflects what I want for this marriage".

" But Richard we haven't even been married up to a year yet and you want to end our marriage? I already told you Richard i would never lie to you.. You are the only man I have ever loved... Aaron is trying to ruin our marriage please listen to me just this once Richard.

By now he was seeing red and he grabbed her by the shoulders and pushed her to the wall just behind them and said " You really have some nerve telling me our marriage hasn't lasted up to a year. You know what I'm so angry right now Lillian I feel like I might die from it.. your lover called me. He told me of all the times you both spent together when I was away.. So then why do you still insist on playing with my heart Lillian". He said loosing the grip he had on her a little.

"I'm just making it easier for you... Now sign the papers and end this charade of yours".

By now his grip had tightened so much on her shoulders that she could feel the sting. And after saying his piece, he barged out of the office. And she broke down and began to cry.

They hadn't even been married up to a year and now, her marriage is about to end. God only knows how happy she was on her wedding day she had never wished for so much in her life she had only wished for a man who would truly love her for her and nothing else and her prayers were answered or so she thought.

She could still remember when she met Richard for the first time she was in a hurry to class that day and while running to meet up because the lecturer who was taking the course was a bit strict and wouldn't allow anyone in once he was in the class... According to him he was much older than they were so they should be able to get to the class before he does. In order not to be sent out of the class she was running and bumped into someone and her books fell to the ground so she hurried to pick them up since she didn't have the time to scold the fellow to watch where he was going but she heard his voice apologizing and trying to help her pick her books.

And finally deciding to pay attention to who was apologizing she found herself looking into the most beautiful pair of grey eyes she had ever seen. She was often told that she had a unique eye color and she was also teased as well for it. She was also never one to pay attention to people's eye color because she couldn't even maintain eye contact for the life of her... But he was certainly an exception she swore she could look at them all day but she was once again called to attention, when he apologized giving her the last of the notes that fell.

She also noticed that he was also very handsome.... she couldn't describe it she just knew she was impressed by his looks and for the first time she found herself interested in being more than a friend to someone. She was only interrupted that day by Aaron, who was running behind and had caught up to her... when she found out that they were brothers, she felt strangely very happy.

But those same eyes that looked at her with so much love and adoration had so much pain, frustration and anger reflecting in them. She was still crying, when her phone rang.

Author's note

please keep the vote coming guys

#AMH

#Immamiten