0.5

Luke

"I need you to be on your best behavior tonight. I don't know what it is but I heard that some important people are coming over and we can't mess this up. You'll do fine. You just have to stand there unless I need something. The others will do everything else."

Michael was telling me about some fancy dinner, slinging his arm around my shoulder.

I ignored the little tingle of shock that buzzed through my bones and nodded.

My stomach twisted into knots and I was uncomfortable in general. "You'll be okay, Lukey." Michael whispered, his hot breath sending shivers down my spine.

I just gulped silently, anxiety overthrowing me.

It didn't seem like a big deal to anyone else but this could potentially kill me if I screw this up.

I heard Michael talking but I blocked it out, suddenly feeling really dizzy.

"Luke? Luke?!" I heard Michael say before I fell into empty air and the wooden floor becoming closer every second.

All I felt was excruciating pain, then, nothing.

*******************

I woke up to a voice muttering incoherent words, and all I could feel is the throbbing of my head. I made a strangled noise and the noise stopped.

"Luke? Are you awake?" I heard Michael whisper. "Yeah" I croaked, cracking an eye open to become came to face with a worried looking Prince. "Are you okay? Do you have amnesia? Shit, I hope you don't have amnesia, Mum would kill me. What-"

I cut him off, speaking. "I"m fine, Michael. My head just hurts a bit. I'll be able to show up tonight." I assured him, staring behind his head.

"You don't have to, you know. It's not that big of a deal." He spoke, eyeing me up and down.

He probably didn't believe me, and I wouldn't believe me either. Truth be told, my whole body ached, but I wouldn't let him know.

"I promise, I'm fine. I just bumped my head. I'll be okay." I lied through my teeth. I hated lying to him but he didn't need to worry. Besides, it would only be for a little bit. There shouldn't be a problem

☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆

Okay, Problem.

I was only 20 minutes into the dinner, and so far I gathered that some neighboring kingdom came to discuss something important. "I was thinking that it would be very beneficial if Prince Michael and Princess Josie were to marry." The other king told Michael's parents.

My eyes widened as big as dinner plates.

I never gathered the clanking of silverware, or the shocked face of Michael, that soon turned to rage.

Or the bewildered faces of his parents. I didn't comprehend the yelling that soon turned to pure chaos.

The screeching of chairs and a door slamming finally pulled me back to reality.

Everyone just looked flat out uncomfortable.

The neighboring kingdom bid farewell and swooped up their daughter, leaving the three of us.

Michael was probably fuming in his room and it was best to not bug him.
"A-arthur!" The Queen called, her voice cracking. "Yes, your highness?" A voice called, opening the doors to the dining room.

"Get the others and clean this up, please. Me and my husband have some things to discuss." She spit out, grabbing her husbands hand and pulling him up the stairs.

"Luke, you don't have to stay!" I heard her call, and that was my cue to get the hell out.

I walked up stairs and was about to go into my room, when I heard faint screaming. I walked towards the sound and placed it at Michael's room.

"I'm not marrying her, guys! This is serious! I don't even like her!" I heard him whale out.

"Calm down, Mikey. It was only a suggestion. Besides, she probably doesn't like you either. No offense."

"Wow, that makes me feel a lot better, Cal!" I heard him drone in mock happiness.

I decided to knock, just making sure he was okay. "Who is it?!" I heard Michael yell. I winced and told him it was it was me. "Come in, I guess." I walked in, only to be met with the presence of two other boys.

One was a curly haired hazel boy, and another had black hair.

"Uh, did you need anything Michael?" I asked softly, not wanting to upset him further. "No, thank you Luke." I nodded and turned on my heel.

"So you're not going to introduce him, then?" I heard one speak. "Oh yeah. Luke wait."

I stopped and turned back around. "This is Calum." I saw him point to the dark haired kid. "And this is Ashton." He finished. "And guys, you know Luke." He muttered, dropping his hands.

"H-Hey." I whispered, rubbing the back of my neck. It was quiet for a moment and I knew they were silently judging me.

I needed an excuse to get out of this uncomfortable situation. "Oh, I think I heard the Queen call, excuse me." I rushed, speed walking out the door.

I rubbed my hands over my face and groaned. I was only comfortable around Michael and I didn't know why.

'Because you like him, Idiot.' My subconcious sassed.

It was so wrong. But, the feelings. The touches.

I couldn't deny that there was something there, but the very thought made me want to crawl into a hole and die there.

I hated feeling this way towards him, and I couldn't fight off the feeling of heart break that consumed me when I heard about the arranged marriage.

'Fuck. I like Michael.' Was the last thing my head comprehended before I fell into a troubled sleep once again.

A/N: Sorry for the wait. You all probably hate me lmao its cool. Bad filler smh -F