Lovers' Cadence

Izuku sighed as he was returned to his room. He smiled softly at the sight of Eri sleeping peacefully. He then turned his attention to the glowing circle on the floor. He dropped to one knee and used the travel medallion to deactivate the warp point and he watched as the blue markings slowly fizzled out of existence.

He heard the door open, and he looked up, his wife standing on the other side, her green eyes piercing his.

"Hiya, honey," he whispered.

Zelda stared at him, speechless. Izuku read relief, worry, and anger on her face, then he realized his wife's gaze had shifted to his clothes. A quick glance down and then Izuku understood. His outfit was splattered with blood and mud, and the tunic, where it had been slashed by the lynel, was all essentially falling apart.

Inko stepped in a few minutes after him and Zelda first began staring at each other.

He quickly pulled off the tattered clothes, but the damage was done. Both women had seen it.

"I-I'm fine!"

"Izuku..." his mother whispered, tears filling her eyes.

"Mom, I promise, I'm fine."

Zelda reached out and took the the burned and dirty tunic. She held it out and stared at the ripped fabric. Izuku looked to the floor. Zelda had made the tunic herself, and he'd destroyed it, well beyond repair. He felt like crap.

"Inko, if you need me, I'll be in the guest room. I'm going to bed."

Zelda's voice sounded so shaky when she left. Izuku opened his mouth to speak but decided against it. Inko muttered something about getting clean sheets, and followed after her.

He watched the two of them go. He sank to the floor.

"Way to go, genius. First day back and you're already in the doghouse," he groaned. "Might as well get some sleep."

He rifled through his old clothes, then realized nothing was his size anymore, so he settled for the clothes he'd gotten in Hyrule. He'd need to go shopping soon.

He slipped into bed, next to Eri. He wriggled into place under the covers, and draped and arm over his daughter. He smiled when he felt his daughter snuggle closer to him.

'Love you, Snowflake. You can be mad at me in the morning,' he thought as he let sleep take him.

***

Nezu was intrigued.

He'd received a report from Aizawa, detailing the events of the first night Class A were at camp.

First the moon had turned red, then a horde of monsters seemed to pour out of the forests. The creatures were described as humanoid, in that it was bipedal, and it was was like an ogre. Thier skin varied, and seemed to be linked to their strength. Weakest to strongest, it went red, blue, black, silver. There were also taller variations of these monsters.

Then there were the two minotaur-like beasts. Mandalay had said one attacked her nephew, and then there was another more powerful one. They were described to be like a minotaur. Head and mane of a lion, humanoid torso, and body of a horse. These were more dangerous. As the ogre things had utilized weapons in their attack, these used both a shield and a sword and could apparently breath fire. Both ogre and minotaur acted the same when defeated, their forms blackening and exploding into a puff of smoke and purple sparks.

And the most interesting thing in the report was who had taken them down.

A third party had made its way to the forest. They appeared to be male, dressed in light armor, an undershirt, makeshift arm-guards, and a blue tunic over the ensemble. He was proficient in the use of his weapons, a sword, shield and a bow. He was first spotted saving Kota from the first of the minotaur like beasts.