Debut Performance

"You did what?!"

Izuku flinched at Zelda's sudden increase in volume. He was explaining in detail exactly what he'd done at U.A. He'd just gotten to the part where he'd fired an arrow with his message attached at the building.

"It wasn't that bad," he said sheepishly, running a hand through his hair. "All I did was break a window and maybe puncture a chair, nobody got hurt, and like I said, I didn't even trespass-"

"It was still wrong, Izuku," she cut him off. He knew she was right, but Izuku was still angry at the school.

"Compared to what they did to me?" he asked, his voice darkening slightly, his repressed anger surfacing. The fury in his aura shook Zelda slightly.

"Y-You know I didn't mean it like that..." Zelda said, beginning to backpedal. Seeing the apologetic look on his wife's face, Izuku mentally kicked himself for scaring her.

"Sorry, I know how you meant it," he apologized. "Just... I.. Sorry."

Zelda didn't like seeing her husband like this. She raised her hand to his troubled face, placing her palm on his cheek, and his features relaxed almost immediately. He smiled warmly and melted into the touch, and a deep, satisfied sound came from his throat, like the sound an animal being petted would make.

"When did you say you wanted to meet them, anyway?" she asked, after she calmed him down.

"About ten days from now," he said, a soft smile still on his face.

"Well, you're on your own with the shapeshifter this morning." she said, pointing to the living room. He turned to the sleeping form on the couch. Himiko Toga's chest rose and fell with the breathing. She finally had a place to rest after who knows how long. She definitely needed the sleep.

"I'm taking Eri to school with Inko," Zelda said, getting Izuku's attention.

"What do you two even talk about?" he asked, curious.

"Women things," she said, leaning in with a smug smirk on her face. "You wouldn't understand."

"I-whatever," he relented with a sigh. "So where did we land on us getting a dog as a pet?" he asked, out of the blue.

Caught off guard by the sudden change of topic, Zelda chuckled. "No, maybe not while we're still taking care of a criminal," she reasoned.

"Ex-criminal," Izuku corrected. "And I'll take responsibility for it!"

"Like you're doing for her?" Zelda asked with her arms crossed and an eyebrow raised. "You left her unsupervised the first night she was here, Izu."

She was right, again. Doesn't mean he still couldn't try to argue. "But-" he started.

"No," she interrupted, her tone final.

Right, he couldn't argue. So he went for his last resort. Zelda held back a giggle when she saw her husband's attempt at Eri's puppy eyes. In the short time she'd known the girl, she knew how powerful they could be, and it would be lying to say Izuku's strategy was ineffective. "I'll think about it," she promised.

He finished his tale, his temper flaring slightly again when he got to Aizawa attacking him as he was leaving. Zelda petted him again, and he purred again.

He said his goodbyes to the three girls and began to make breakfast for himself and his 'guest' for the next week and a half. He sat by her side and offered her the plate of toast when she woke up. She immediately began to ravenously devour the slices of bread.

"Morning, Toga," Izuku greeted. "Let's have a chat."

The girl swallowed her food with a gulp. "Okay..."