Ode to Family & Forgiveness

Izuku and Zelda lay in bed, both looking to the ceiling, their fingers intertwined under the blankets. Izuku spoke first.

"That-That was..."

"W-Wow," Zelda finished his thought.

"Y-Yeah, that." Izuku leaned closer to Zelda and planted a kiss on her forehead. "Love you." As a response, Zelda rolled onto his chest, and he smiled and began to run his fingers through her flowing blond locks. Zelda enjoyed the physical contact for a moment, before looking up, her emerald eyes meeting his.

"Where did you go anyway?" she asked.

"I got a few things. I got a phone for you and myself."

"A phone?" she asked, confused.

"It's a device, like the Slate. I'll show you how it works later," he said. "And I also got a bunch of clothes to wear. The tunics and armor from Hyrule are useful, but too distinct from what everyone else wears. Got you a shirt as well, now that I think about it."

With his wife still relaxed on his chest, Izuku reached for the bag of clothes he'd gotten earlier that day, and pulled out a shirt and handed it to Zelda, who took it. It was plain white with a word written on the front.

"It just says 'Wife,'" she read.

Zelda looked over to her husband, who had now pulled out a similar shirt, except that this one said 'Husband.'

"We can match!" he exclaimed happily.

"Did you get one for Eri as well?" she asked jokingly.

"Of course I did," Izuku answered with a straight face, and after rummaging around in the bag, he pulled out a much smaller shirt that had the word 'Daughter' printed on the front.

Zelda stared incredulously at her husband's dumb smile for a moment before the two burst into a fit of laughter.

"You ever think about having children?" she asked, after calming down. "Of our own?"

"Yes, but not just yet," Izuku said, taking her hands.

"Yeah, that makes sense."

The two lay in blissful peace, before Izuku reached into the bag once more. Zelda turned to see what he was getting out now.

"Also got a shirt for Mom."

He held up a shirt that simply said 'Mother.'

The two started laughing again.

***

Later, after the couple had cleaned themselves up, they sat in the living room, Zelda learning how her new phone worked, and Izuku by her side, patiently answering every one of her questions.

Then the two heard the front door unlocking.

"That'll be Mom and Eri," Izuku said, hopping out of his seat to greet them. He was just in time to catch Eri's attention as his mother unlocked and opened the front door.

"Papa!" She exclaimed loudly, clearly excited to see him again.

"Eri!" Izuku returned her enthusiasm eagerly.

"Papa!" Eri wrapped her hands around her father, hugging him.

"Eri!" Izuku once again returned the exclamation with gusto.

"Papa..." the little unicorn whined, beginning to get annoyed with Izuku.

"Eri..." Izuku whined right back, enjoying his little game with Eri, who was clearly having as much fun as he was, if her giggles were anything to go by.