Flight of the Windbomber

Zelda woke with a start. Getting her erratic breathing back under control, she looked around, for anything to get her mind off her night terror. Izuku had brought her home safely, but she was having trouble actually going to sleep. She kept dreaming that she was back in the castle, still fighting Ganon, and no-one was coming to save her.

Izuku was in the bed next to her, facing away, and fast asleep. She focused on him and the way his body moved when he breathed. As she watched his form pulse steadily, her heartbeat and breathing fell back into rhythm. She loved him, and was glad he was able to sleep soundly and comfortably now. He'd spent many a night in Hyrule under a tree.

She reached out to touch his back. She ran a finger across his form, and through his shirt, she could feel the bumps of scars. Ones he'd gotten before Hyrule, and ones he'd gotten from the blights throwing him around inside the Divine Beasts. As she thought back, her mind briefly went to the battered leather journal on the table by the bed. Izuku had kept a record of his time in Hyrule.

While her mind wandered, he stirred suddenly, and she pulled her hand back quickly. Too late. He was awake now, and he rolled onto his back. Through sleepy half-lidded eyes, he made eye contact with his wife. No words were said.

"Nightmare?" he asked simply.

How did he always know? How could he so effortlessly read her?

He rolled to completely face her and pulled her into his chest. She let out a cute gasp and her face reddened at the sudden close proximity.

"You're safe now. I'm here," he whispered, planting a kiss on her forehead.

Zelda curled up closer to him, and soon she heard his quiet snoring; he'd gone back to sleep, still wrapped around her. She loved him so much.

As slumber she waited for began to make her eyelids heavy, she resolved to do something for him.

***

Izuku woke with sunlight beaming into the room. Yawning, he sat up in bed. Zelda wasn't in it with him, which was unusual, but he didn't have long to wonder where she was.

"Oh, you're awake!" She said brightly, entering the room with a tray in hand. "I made you breakfast!"

She set the tray down on his lap, and as she did so, Izuku noticed that she had her baggy 'Wife' shirt on. He smiled, and let his gaze move to the tray. It wasn't anything too fancy, it had eggs, some leftover bacon and toast, but he could tell that Zelda put effort into it.

"Thank you!" he said, and Zelda grinned as he began to dig in. 

"Is it good?" she asked hopefully, as she watched him swallow.

"'Course it is," he replied, like it was the most obvious thing in the world. "Delicious, in fact."

"You don't have to eat it if you don't like it," Zelda said, her features no less worried, even after Izuku's assurance.

"I really do find this tasty," Izuku said firmly. "And it would be a shame if you didn't get to taste it for yourself."

"What? No, I couldn't."

Izuku didn't reply, instead he just patted the bed, motioning for her to sit next to him. When she took a bit too long to decide, Izuku sighed and grabbed her arm and pulled. With a small yelp, she collapsed onto the mattress, next to him. Once she sat upright and got her bearings, she glared at him, but he had resumed stuffing food into his mouth. She relented with a sigh and a small smile. As they ate, they talked about whatever came to mind; The people of Hyrule, Eri (and how precious Zelda found her), why Zelda felt the need to knock Bakugo out, and Izuku's new four-legged form.