"Running Man Championship"

Rumi POV: 

Later, we are now at the center of the main stadium, standing on floating platforms as we all wait for the ceremony to begin. 

Lonkey stands in the middle of all of us, boasting his win of the game. "Yes, that's me. I'm the winner, Lonkey." Luckily a gong interrupted him as it caught our attention even mine. 

we all looked up at the holographic screen before us, re-telling us a story. "Soul Tree. Its fruit became the energy source of civilization, but it also brought disaster by causing the tribes to wage war. In the midst of these endless and painful wars, the Charming Gold of the Peacock Tribe stepped up like a savior and put an end to this war. They decided to create a Championship where tribes could compete fairly and peacefully. The representatives from each tribe competed for the winning prize, the fruit of the Soul Tree. It's a fierce competition to become the last one standing. The finest members of each tribe are here to compete in this biggest survival game show for the fate of their tribes. That is the Running Man Championship."

That was interesting, I didn't know this happened, I wonder why the elders of my tribe didn't talk much about their past life.

A robot pops out of the ground. "Hello, Running Man contestants and members of the audience! I'm Alt 332, the anchor of the Running Man Championship, let me introduce the host of the 100th Running Man Championship!" 

It flew off the ground and did twirls and flips. "The icon of wealth and fame! He's fantastic, legendary, and elegant. Please welcome Mr. Charming Gold!" music sounded as the crowd cheered loudly. 

I don't know who this Charming Gold is, but I have a tingling feeling that I won't like him soon, only a tingling feeling of course. 

Suddenly a part of the high building in front of us went down turning into a platform as a beautiful peacock man arrived, spotlights shining down on him when he reached the end of the platform. 

A jealous feeling stirred up inside of me when I saw the beautiful and handsome man peacock. The reason we the Arachne tribe hide our faces and distance ourselves from other tribes is that we were once called ugly, hideous, and most of all...monsters. 

The second leader of the tribe once fell in love with a person from the Bat tribe, when our leader showed her face the bat's face was filled with horror and called our leader ugly. since then the leader hid her face and only showed it to people she trusted from other tribes.

My tribe saw this and followed her, all of us were convinced we were ugly, hideous, monsters and until now we hid our faces. 

Back to reality, Charming Gold did a dramatic pose making a fancy opening as the Materion glows brightly from above. and I mean really fancy. He then did more dramatic poses as I deadpan at the sight. 

The anchor then cuts him off and begins to explain the rules for the championship. "Let me explain the rules of the Running Man Championship. The Running Man Championship consists of three solo matches, three team battles, and three final matches, a total of nine different matches. the players will wear a watch on their wrists and a shield on their back. You may use your watch to take your opponent's shield and eliminate them from the game. You'll receive points according to many other rules and items made for each game. The contestant who wins the most points will become the final winner, who will take home the Materion, the fruit of the Soul Tree."

I stare at the holographic screen in front of me. I tapped the screen and then a shield containing my tribe emblem appears on my back with a ring locking its place.

The robot then proceeds to explain the mechanics of the watch. "Other than taking your opponent's shield, your watch can be used as a navigator, to receive missions, and to communicate with your teammates. You'll be eliminated when you lose the shield with your tribe's symbol. Remember that!"