3. Family

A/N That is a picture of Annabelle up the top. this book is so much fun to write and I hope you're enjoying it as much as I am! I would be so grateful if you took the time to vote and comment, it means so much to the author. I'm also open to constructive criticism and corrections as well as any ideas you'd like to see me add to this book!

I'M MAKING BUEAXBATONS AN All-GIRLS SCHOOL!!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Annabelle's P.O.V

I saw Esme and Carlisle exchange a glance. They knew that I was hiding something. As soon as I walked into the room, I could tell that they were vampires, except one, he was a shape shifter. That was my Dark Arts class kicking in, damn the stupid Trace. Out of all of the times that I actually need magic, I can't use it. When they asked me about my father, I had to do some quick thinking. The truth was, I did know who my father was, everyone in the wizarding world did, and I was feared and hated because of it.

"When did you move to France for school?" This came from the shape shifter sitting with another vampire girl. His skin was really tan and his muscular physique was bulging from beneath his t-shirt. He was pretty easy on the eyes, but so not my type.

"When I was eleven. I have three more years of school left." I looked at each of them. They all had bright amber coloured eyes, which meant they were animal feeders. I wasn't worried about them as soon as I noticed this, lethal vampires would never even dream of living off animal blood, its not strong enough and the sadistic ways only shine through when human blood is the main source of sustenance. This is when my fourth-year book: 'Dark creatures encyclopaedia' by Elwin Lorm is handy. Another thing I noticed was that they were all in couples. Esme was obviously with Carlisle, Alice and Jasper, Rosalie and Emmet, Edward and Bella and lastly, Renesme and Jacob. It surprised me when I saw a shape-shifter with a vampire, but then remember Professor Bellaire, my magical creatures teacher, tell me about imprinting, which is like soulmates for all shape-shifters.

Ms Rowan walked back into the room, Carlisle and Esme went off to talk to her while I remained by myself until I heard a deep voice call my name. I looked over at the largest of the vampires, his arms were ninety percent muscle which bulged out from underneath his shirt he looked tough and scary, the only thing that ruined his image was the boyish grin on his face. I smiled at him and made my way over to him. I could tell he was the funny type. Vampire or not, I reckon he'd be a good brother.

"What was your school like?" The question took me by surprise but I answered anyway.

"It was an all-girls school." The others stopped their talking and turned towards me. Emmet grinned and I wondered what the next question he fired at me would be.

"Did you ever pull any pranks?" I smirked at him and his grinned widened.

"If there was one thing that surprised me above all else at that school, Emmet, was how many pranks you can pull on a school full of girls." Pranks had been a specialty of mine since first year. The amount of detentions I received from Professor Geroux was astounding, but the respect and admiration I received from the majority of the student body was well worth it.

"Your killing me! You've got everything girl! The looks, the brains and the pranking! Whoever you end up with, they're one lucky bastard." Jasper nudged him in the ribs with his elbow.

"Shut up Emmet," Jasper said. A blush rose on my cheeks. The others chuckled at my uneasiness so I shot them all playful glares. I was told that I could be pretty scary when I wanted to.

"Wow that's one hell of a glare," I smiled at Alice as she said this. I'm glad someone though so.

"How long have you guys been living with Esme and Carlisle?" They all exchanged another look and then it struck me that I was behaving like I knew everything. I should probably act a little more clueless. I wonder if they knew about the existence of magic. Probably not, we keep our existence pretty well hidden.

"Um, we've all been living with them for quite a while." I didn't pry Alice for more information because she could hardly say that it's been decades. Esme walked back towards us and we all turned to look at her.

"Honey, I know all of this is very sudden, but we want to know if you'd consider living with us. It's alright if you don't, but we'd all like to be there for you." I blinked back tears at the sincerity in her voice. I was touched.

"Are you sure?" I wanted to make sure that I wasn't any trouble. Their faces brightened at my question.

"Of course! We came here with the intention of adopting anyway!" I looked at them in disbelief, I'd have a family? The only family I had had was mum, it would be so good to have a real family again.

"I'd love that so much, Esme!" I got up and hugged her cool body, she wrapped her small arms around me and hugged me in a very motherly way that nearly made me start crying as it reminded me of my own mother. Emmet walked over to me and crushed me into a bone-crunching hug.

"Emmet...need...breathe...survive," I managed to choke as the air was squeezed from my lungs, he dropped me back down on the ground, and I punched him on the arm as hard as I could. It probably didn't even tickle. He laughed at my childish behaviour.

"Big meanie! I don't like you!"

"Aww did I upset wittle Annabelle?" He cooed in a baby voice as he pinched my cheek. I just crossed my arms over my chest with a raised eyebrow and said, "Really, Emmet?"

Jasper started to laugh at my tone. Then I burst into a fit of giggles as Emmet did this stupid looking pout that made him look constipated then everyone started laughing at my laugh. which sounded like a hyena being slowly strangled. Whoops.

"I hate you!" I whined at Emmet in between fits of giggles.

"We'll pick you up tomorrow, Annabelle. That way you can take as much time packing your things."

"They're already packed. I didn't unpack from three days ago."

"Well, would you like to come today? We have a spare room that you can make your own."

"Sure, if you're sure it's no trouble. I don't want to be an inconvenience." Carlisle waved a hand at me.

"It'll be fine." Renesme jumped up and gripped my hand.

"Show me to your room so I can help you with your bags." My room was barely touched, my bag was still packed with only a few things pulled out of it.

"So, do you have a boyfriend?" Renesme asked me as she sat down on the bead. I blushed at her question, remembering Adrien.

"Used to, but I caught him with someone else, so that was the end of him."

'Bummer," Renesme commented, I nodded in agreement but it didn't really bother me that much, we weren't really that serious.

"Are you with Jacob?" I raised my eyebrows at her and she blushed as I did. Wait, she blushed? Vampires can't do that. What is she? Is she human?

"Yeh, Jacob and I have been going out for a while." I nodded again and we both made our way downstairs with my luggage. The others were waiting for us in the foyer while Esme and Carlisle were signing papers. I smiled at them and they all smiled back. I already felt like I'm part of the family.