30. Darkness

YES I HAVE CHANGED THE NAME AND COVER! (CAUSE I FELT LIKE IT)

Outfit up above ^

Contains very small direct quotes from the book written by JK Rowling. Only tiny details though.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
NOT EDITED

Christmas day was festive and bright. Everyone was in the mood to celebrate after the seemingly endless dark times but my mind often clouded with guilt whenever my thoughts turned to my family. They were probably frantic with worry as soon as they had realized that I was gone. Just the heartbroken expression on Esme's face made my mood sink horribly. I had asked to make contact with them, but Dumbledore had forbade it because the letter may get intercepted.

Laying in bed, far into the night, my belly filled with the amazing cooking of Mrs. Weasley, my mind replays the bright memories of the night. The house was unusually bright and happy, quite a difference from the normal dreary silence. The heavy shroud of depression that had well and truly sunk into everybody's minds was thankfully lifted for an afternoon as we enjoyed various light hearted games and festive foods that made me immediately drool at the sight of them.

Surprisingly, people had opened up to me, contrary to my expectations that I would be cold-shouldered because of who I was. Tomorrow an order meeting was scheduled to take place, and -to the children's displeasure- I was asked to attend, I can only assume that it was to talk about my upcoming trial the day after. Harry had the others had filled me in on what to expect based on his experience at the beginning of the term, and to say I was worried would be an understatement. The fact that I was already disliked due to my surname did not help my case at all. I flipped off the lamp and closed my eyes.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Darkness inhibited my senses and my surroundings were shrouded in pitch black, making them unidentifiable. Looking all around me, my eyes failed to pick up any shapes, colors or object at all. My heartrate began to rise and panic bubbled inside my chest, my harsh breathing was the only thing that I could hear. I had no ground underneath my feet, yet I wasn't falling. Fright. Tears blurred in my eyes and I waved my hands around desperately to feel anything, but I couldn't. I had heard of this sort of thing being used as a torture method before. Complete sensory deprivation. I had seen it done in movies, thinking that it surely couldn't be as bad as they make it out. Yet as I stood there in the complete darkness, not being able to see a single thing, nothing to touch, nothing to smell, pure terror wound itself around my lungs quickly causing me to hyperventilate, I completely understood what they were experiencing.

"Anna." A deep and smooth voice male voice came from the darkness. I whipped my head around, desperately trying to find the source of the voice. Anything that would relieve me form the torture of the silence.

"Anna, stop panicking. You need to calm down." The voice said gently and comfortingly. Pressure on my shoulder startled me and nearly gave me a heart attack. My head spun around so quickly that I felt my muscles strain dangerously. In front of me, a hooded man stood in front of me, surrounded by a greyish-yellow light. His face was effectively obscured by a heavy woolen cloak, trimmed with red ribbon. A lock of blond hair fell from his forehead, but that was all I could distinguish. He removed his hands that had rested gently on my shoulders in an attempt to calm me down.

"W-who are you?" I stuttered, my brain not working properly due to the overwhelming tide of emotions still coursing through my veins. The man inclined his head slightly.

"A friend. But I've come here for a reason and you must listen carefully." I backed away a few steps, still not entirely trusting a strange man in a strange place.