5. The Truth

Every person just stood there with their mouths hanging open their eyes as wide as saucers. I giggled at their stunned expressions.

"If you keep your mouths open much longer, you're going to catch flies."

Carlisle seemed to recover quicker than the others and began firing questions.

"How do you know?"

"That I cannot tell you." I decided that I would tell them as much as I could without breaking the wizarding law, but I wouldn't reveal that I was a witch. "I, like yourselves, are my own separate species. We learn all about the supernatural creatures, as soon as I saw you, I knew what you all were." Everyone looked absolutely gobsmacked. I slowly walked over to the couch and sat down, after my little episode, I was a bit tired. They seemed to forget about that, however, as soon as I revealed what I knew about them.

"What are you?" Jasper asked as everyone followed me into the living room. They all looked at me with extreme curiosity.

"I cannot tell you, I would get arrested by our law enforcement if I did so. I know that you are all vampires except Jacob, who is a shape-shifter. I haven't figured out what Renesme is yet, though I'll take a guess, hybrid?" Renesme nodded at me with wide eyes. The others seemed to be in a state of shock. I decided to just spill everything while I'm at it, it was quite entertaining watching all their facial expressions.

"I also have reason to believe that some of you have talents or abilities." I looked at Edward and Jasper. "Mind reader?" I pinned Edward with my stare, he nodded, seeming amazed.

"How could you tell?" Everyone was dead quiet. Pun intended.

"It was pretty easy, I had heard that vampires were capable of having special abilities and I suspected as much when I first met you. I didn't know who it was so I did a little experiment. I said each name inside my head and the only person that responded was Edward, who whipped around to face me as soon as I said his name in my head. I use a method of thought blocking to stop you reading my mind though, so you can only hear what I'm thinking when I want you to."

"You are an extremely smart girl." Carlisle praised me, and I smiled at me.

"Occlumency?" I whipped my head towards Edward and looked at him in shock.

"What?" I was puzzled that he knew the name of the method of magic that I use to block my thoughts.

"When you first entered the room with Ms Rowan, you paled, probably recognising us as vampires," I nodded and he continued, "I heard one thought before you blocked them off and that was 'I am so glad that I am good at Occlumency' then your thoughts disappeared." I nodded at him and looked down at my feet, I didn't want to give him too much information or he may figure out what I am.

"Occlumency is what I use to shield my thoughts from you. I wish I could tell you all about me, I really do, but I'd be expelled from my school and exiled." They all nodded grimly, understanding.

"So that's why you never asked questions!" Exclaimed Alice, "you never asked why we didn't eat, nor did you ask if we were adopted or pushed the questions that we would have to avoid!" Alice was having a Eureka moment. I chuckled at her wondrous expression, watching as she fit the pieces of the puzzle together.

"Do any of you have other abilities apart from Edward and Jasper the empath?"

"Alice can see visions of the future and Bella is a shield. She can protect people from the influences of other vampire's abilities."

"That is so cool." They all smiled at me, but Carlisles face fell and his smile was replaced with a frown.

"The Volturi." This came from Jake who was sitting next to Renesme on the other side of the couch. I saw all the vampires exchange a worried glance. "They'll kill her for knowing about you."

"You guys don't have to be worried about me, I can take care of myself." They all shook their heads and Esme came up to me.

"Honey, the Volturi are three of the oldest vampires, they are ruthless and will kill you without even blinking." I smiled at her.

"Don't worry Esme, a couple of vampires are no worries for me, no matter how old or wise they are."

"What are you?" I looked at Jasper.

"I cannot tell you, but I will ask the authorities if I can have special permission to." Carlisle seemed distracted as he paced in front of the staircase, his head was bowed and he seemed to be in deep thought. I was just about to ask him what was wrong when he turned towards me and asked the very question I was hoping to avoid.

"What was in that letter, Anna?" I felt myself pale and looked down at the scrunched-up piece of parchment clutched in my fist.

"I-I-It's nothing." I stuttered, wishing that he hadn't asked.

"That wasn't nothing, you were in a full-blown panic attack." Jasper said and I gave him a glare.

"Stupid vampires and their abilities," I muttered under my breath, knowing they would still hear me. Carlisle spoke again, still trying to force information out of me.

"Who was that letter from?"

"Can we just not talk about it? I want to go to bed, someone from my new school is coming in the morning to pick me up and go shopping for school supplies." I snapped, my patience and mental strength wearing thin.

"Who is coming?" I wish Carlisle would just leave me alone. They are lovely and all, but this bombardment of questions wore my nerves down.

"I don't know, they'll send someone to come and pick me up."

"Do they know where you live?"

"No."

"Then how will they find you?"

"They have their ways." I knew that someone from the school would know how to find me.

"You are so mysterious." Edward wore a puzzled expression, I guess he wasn't used to not being able to read a person's mind.

"Anna, you didn't answer our question from before, who was that letter from?" I couldn't avoid it, Jasper would know if I tried to lie.

"My father."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Thankyou for reading this, I'm sorry it was short and crappy, but I'll update soon to make up for it. As they say, don't be a silent reader!

COMMENT!!!

VOTE!!!

If you guys have any ideas that you'd like to see added to the book, comment!! I am open to  writing down peoples ideas.