25. Aro Spells and Mysterious Green Eyes

New chappie!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The drive in the car was conducted in an awkward silence, the roar of Emmet's jeep was the only thing that invaded my ears and I sat, tense and pensive while I tried to formulate a plan in my head. These vampires will be powerful. They may not be the most powerful, but they'd put up a hard and well-structured fight if it came to physical combat, which I'm going to try my best to avoid.

"You ok?" I felt a cold hand touch my forearm and I turned to look into Alice's concerned eyes.

"I'm fine, just a little worried." She nodded understandingly and put her arm around me, pulling me into her solid embrace.

"We'll be alright..." She trailed off, her eyes unfocusing.

"Alice? Alice!" I called, then gave up. She must be in a vision. Emmet turns around to glance at us, frowning at Alice's catatonic state.

"Do any of us have an idea of how this is going to pan out?" Emmet asked.

"Alice hasn't been able to see past the mutts. They may be considered useful, but they are a pain as well."

"And they reek." Emmet mumbled.

"Don't be so mean. They are risking their lives for us." I said.

"Still." Emmet grumbled.

"Oh no." The small vampire next to me mutters.

"What is it Alice? What did you see?" Jasper asks urgently, tugging on her arm lightly.

"They're bring him Jasper! Don't you understand?! This could go horribly wrong now that he's here!" I had no idea what the hysterical pixie was saying, but what unsettled me the most was not the urgency of her panicked words, but the fear and horror etched on her ageless porcelain skin.

"Alice! Calm down." Jasper urged, along with his gift, he was able to soothe Alice into coherency.

"Now, are you sure about what you saw?" Jaz asked, calmly looking into his mates eyes.

"I saw him with my own eyes, he was veiled under a cloak so no one could see what he looked like, but it was definitely him." She said, nodding frantically.

"We're here." Emmet alerted, jumping out of his front seat and flashing to my door, throwing it open and quickly unbuckling me from the complicate off-road safety harness. All around us we were surrounded by green trees, the sun, which was odd for this region, shone brightly above sending tendrils of warms to my face. The forest and clearing was like one big deception. On the surface it was a tranquil and serene, while in reality it was a potential murder field. Wow, that was a cheerful thought.

"Follow closely and stay near us at all times." Jasper ordered, his inner Texan Major coming out. The rest of the family had already parked and were waiting for us to join them so we could meet the Volturi who Alice has seen already arrive. I looked at the little vamp who was nestled under Jaspers arm. I still had no idea who this Mysterious 'He' was, Emmet had stopped the car before she got a chance to expand upon the topic. Everyone gathered around me as the thinning of trees ahead of us became pronounced, indicating sparser growth. Their bodies formed a ring of protection around me, one which I didn't need.

"Guys, you promised." I looked everyone in the eye, reminding them of the promise they made at the house.

"You only said if it came to a fight that we'd have to get behind you, so we're staying as we are." Emmet stated, leaving no room for argument. I sighed and continued to walk. Carlisle and Esme were the first to step out from the tree line and advance into the glade. The sight that met me was not unlike a group of death eaters gathered. Each person wore a hooded black cloak and their faces all obscured by heavy red-trimmed midnight hoods. By now all of our company had formed a line opposing the scary-looking vamps. I'd guess there to be around sixty to seventy members of the guard in total.