i'm a child

Sadie's POV

"Awesome. Let's head back to my house and we'll go from there." Cassidy said.

"Ok. What do we have to do next?"

"Well, first I'm gonna get that purple outta your hair. And you're gonna take the nose piercing out."

"I've tried to get the stud out. It hurts and I'm scared it'll bleed."

"Well, if you did it right it shouldn't bleed or hurt." She said trying to remain optimistic.

I chuckled. "Yeah. Clearly you haven't met Tyler."

"Hmm... anyway," she said, changing the subject, "my moms friend is a hairdresser. We're gonna just... bleach out the purple and hope for the best. Then we'll try and get it close to your natural hair as possible."

I barely understood hair terms. I just had to trust her. "As long as you get the purple out, I'm cool with whatever."

"Perfect. When we get back, we'll start with the nose ring." She said walking slightly faster.

"Oh God..." I mumbled, nervously.

We walked a little bit further as it got darker and darker.

"Alright. Home sweet home." She said.

My mouth dropped. "Oh my God! This is your house?" I asked in shock. "It's huge!"

She laughed a bit. "Well, it's where you'll be staying a while so get used to it."

I couldn't believe it. This girl had money. Probably from her sisters competitions and stuff. God, to live like this. My life would be so much easier.

We walked inside and there were two people sitting at the counter. It must have been her parents.

"Hey, Cassidy!" The woman said. "Who's this?" She asked smiling at me.

I gave her a slight smile back. "This is Sadie. She's a wicked good ice skater."

"Cassidy," The man started.

"Dad, trust me. This is the one."

I was confused at their conversation.

Please tell me I'm not the only one.

"Come on, Sadie." Cassidy said.

I followed her into her bedroom and she sighed. "Ignore them. I've been talking about wanting to manage someone's ice skating life and they've been thinking I was crazy for it."

I stopped her. "Woah, slow down. Manage? I don't have any money." I said.

"So?" She asked.

"I can't pay you." I said.

"I'm not doing it for money. I'm doing it because I love to watch it. At competitions, you get hotel rooms and all you can eat."

"Competitions? When will I start?" I asked.

"Trust me. You'll be fine. Don't sound so worried."

Easier said than done.

"I'm not worried." I lied. "I'm just trying to figure out what's going on. A lot is happening at once. One second I'm wandering down the streets of New York trying to find a way to survive and the next thing I know, some random girl I meet is talking about me becoming a professional skater."

"Alright. I get it." She said after a moment of thought. "Go get some sleep. I'll take the couch." She laid out a new set of clothes on her bed. "Bathrooms to your right." She said pointing.

She closed the door behind her and now I was all alone in some random girls bedroom. I took a nice hot shower and, let me tell you, it has never felt any better.

I did a lot of thinking. I'll give this a week or two. If things aren't going well, I'm heading back home. I can't do this. Now I have a place to stay, but if it doesn't work out, I'm gonna be on my own again. I just have to find away to get someone to get me to pretend to be their daughter.

I don't know why I thought I could run away and be ok.

I'm a child.

But it's not like anyone missed me anyway.

I fell asleep quicker than I thought I would. I was out when I hit the pillow it seems like. Then within a blink of an eye, it was morning.

I wasn't really sure what to do.

Do I leave?

I ran my fingers through my hair to try and untangle it a bit as I yawned.

I put my hand on the door knob and waited to see if I heard voices so I didn't feel like I was just wandering around a random person house.

I heard Cassidy so I decided to open the door.

"Morning, Sadie." Her mom said as I walked out of the room. I wondered what they were talking about before I walked out.

"Hi..." I muttered nervously.

"Ready for a big day?" Cassidy asked.

"Yep!" I said trying to fight my nerves.

"Good, cause I've got a lot planned. Alright? Get dressed, do what you need to do, use the whatever you want. Makeup, clothes, shower, whatever. Just get ready and we're gonna go. Quickly. We've gotta be there by 10."

"Be where?" I asked.

"You'll see." She said winking.

I sighed and went back to her room. She was a bit taller than me so nothing fit how I wanted it to fit. I was also a little heavier than her from all the alcohol, so in a way, it almost balanced itself out.

I ended up on a regular pair of jeans and a jacket. It was a little chilly out; so, I bundled up more than I normally would have.

I took a shower last night so I didn't waste my time on a shower and I wasn't sure how to do makeup so I left it at this.

I walked out and she handed me an orange. "Eat up and let's bounce." She said opening the door.

"Can I at least have a plan for the day?"

"I'm gonna drive us over to my friend Rachel's. She owns a salon and she's gonna get the purple out. Then we're gonna take your nose ring out. After that, we're heading on over to the skating rink and I'm gonna teach you a few things." She said quickly, with a grin.

Today was gonna be a long day.