i was done

Sadie's POV

"Let me out! Please! I'm begging you!" I yelled through sobs.

Nothing.

"Hello?" Someone asked opening the other door.

"Oh my God! Wait! Shh!" I said getting quieter.

"Sadie?" Max asked.

"Yeah. Shh!"

"What are you doing in here?" Jonas asked.

"They locked me in here. What time is it?" I asked.

"Carly just started skating." Robert answered.

"What! I'm supposed to be out there! That's not fair!"

"Why are you in here?" Max asked.

"No time to explain. I need to get past the guards without them seeing me. I'm not supposed to be skating, but I'm fine. I swear."

"This is a door that connects almost directly to the boys locker room. I'm glad I heard ya. Go through here and I'll walk ya to the arena so you don't get in trouble." Max said.

"Oh my God! Thank you! Thank you so much!" I said.

The four of us walked out the door and we looked down the hallway to make sure nobody was looking. I saw the guards watching the door they locked me in and we quickly walked across the hallway.

"Good luck." Jonas and Robert said at the same time.

"Thank you, Carly! That is it for our girls competitions! Next up we have Max Marion!"

"Wait! I'm here! Wait!" I yelled.

I skated quickly over to the judges table as people murmured throughout the room.

"I'm here. I'm fine. I'm ready. Please." I begged.

"Sadie? How did you-" Mrs. Graber started. She stopped after she couldn't think of what to say.

"Please. My doctor said it was fine. I could do it. I ran throughout the entire downtown, got ready quicker than ever, got locked in a closet and had to have the guys help me." I said, out of breath, while pointing to the guys.

"I'm sorry, Ms. Curtis-" Mr. Nickel started.

"Go ahead, Sadie. Get the music ready!" Mrs. Graber called out.

I gasped. "Thank you! Thank you, thank you, thank you!" I said, with the biggest grin plastered on my face.

Cassidy's POV

I felt bad for Sadie. I don't know if she was watching the competition now, but I'm just trying to do what's best for her. Even if she doesn't like it.

I shouldn't have said what I said, but I have to keep her safe. I know she was capable of getting first. I had to destroy her confidence.

I watched the TV as Carly finished her routine and they were about to announce the guys. Huh. I haven't really focused on the guys. Now is a good time to, though.

"Would you like anything else?" The waitress asked.

"No, thank you. The check is fine." I said.

She handed me a piece of paper and I read over the bill.

I looked back up at the TV.

NO. WAY.

Sadie Curtis, I swear to God.

I'm gonna kill that girl.

Dallas' POV

The guys and I all went out to eat and a few minutes into us sitting down, Sadie and her friend dash through the door. Sadie must have forgotten she was in public cause she seemed real mad.

I thought she was gonna be at that competition today.

Sodapop nudged Ponyboy and glared at Darry from across the table when she walked right past us all.

We all went silent to eavesdrop on their conversation.

Eventually, we connected the dots.

We whispered everything to each other so she didn't know we were talking about that chick Sadie was with.

I felt bad Sadie couldn't do it. But wow, whoever this girl was, she was harsh. She sounded like a monster.

Eventually our conversation changed topics, but I'm sure at least half of us were still thinking about her.

The news channel came on and the skating competition start. The Curtis' glanced up every once in a while until those two girls went.

Still no Sadie.

She really wasn't gonna go on.

Boy, was I wrong.

Sadie busted through the opposite side in which she normally does and got up to the judges. Cameras zoomed in on her and the girl actually agreed to let her skate.

I could feel the girls anger through the booth.

"Keep the change." She said to the waitress before she stormed out.

Sodapop grabbed her wrist and she gave us all an angry look. "Excuse me!" She yelled.

"Wait, are you going to find Sadie?" Sodapop asked.

"Y-yes. Who are you guys?" She asked, still very angry. She looked at me. "You! It was you, wasn't it! You told her to do this, didn't you!"

I put my hands up in surrender. "I didn't tell her to do anything. She did this on her own."

"Mhmm. Who are the rest of you? You guys had something to do with this!"

"No we didn't. Don't slash my leg with a blade, please." Steve said.

We all laughed. She rolled her eyes and stormed off.

Sodapop got up. "Wait! You going to bust her ass or something?"

"Hell yeah I am. Who are you anyway?"

"I'm Sodapop. That's Darry and Pony. We're her brothers. Who are you?"

She sighed. "Cassidy Miller. I met Sadie when she ran away from New York. It's kinda just been her and I for the past three years."

"Here, sit down with us. Enjoy the show." Sodapop said grinning.

She seemed hesitant to do so, but she sat next to me. All of our eyes glued back to the TV.

Sadie's POV

I finished the routine and made sure to smile at the camera when I finished. I landed on my foot wrong which caused a mixup in the routine.

I was done.

But I did it.

I may not have won, but I tried my hardest and that's all that matters.

Cassidy may not have believed in me.

Mom and dad may have never believed I could do anything with my life.

My brothers may have never thought so.

But I put everything I had into this routine.

And I hope every single one of them is watching me right now.