Chapter 14: Clinic Day

Don/Professor Williams POV

It was nearly time for 1104XX's clinic check up. I was going over what needed to be done with Doctor Ericsson.
"It shouldn't take too long. Only thing that could be an issue is getting his blood drawn." Doctor Ericsson explained.
"Y/N will be helping us out. Maybe if her presence is here, 1104XX might cooperate." I said.
"I... Don't think having another doctor in the room would be smart. Especially someone like Y/N. What if he flips out and hurts her?" Doctor Ericsson asked.
"I'm sure it'll be fine. Now, I should probably go get 1104XX's jacket off and just check up on him before Y/N gets there." I said, standing up and heading towards the exit.
"Ok. I'll see you in an hour, Professor." Doctor Ericsson said.
I nodded, walking out of the room and towards the red zones.

Chief Henry's POV

I sat outside 1104XX's cell, boredly.
"Chief Henry. I heard what happened yesterday with 1104XX and wanted to apologize. I didn't realize my knife had fallen off and he had taken it." Officer Benjamin said, coming around the corner.
I growled in irritation and stood up.
"Next time you fuck up like that again, you're fired!" I yelled, grabbing him by the collar of his uniform.
"I'm sorry sir! I really didn't mean for it to happen and I'll promise to be more cautious in the future!" Ben said, raising his hands in defense.
I pushed him away and rolled my eyes.
"Whatever. Now get back to work, kid." I said.
Benjamin took off down the hall, stumbling slightly over his feet.
"Tch. Idiot." I mumbled.

Don/Professor Williams POV

I made it to 1104XX's cell and Chief Henry opened the door. He seemed more irritated lately, but I rolled it off my shoulders. I walked into the room and noticed 1104XX was cowering in the corner, muttering gibberish to himself.
"1104XX." I said.
He looked over at me, eyes narrowing as he glared at me.
"Leave!" He snarled before hiding his face again.
"Today is your clinic day and I need you to cooperate. I'm taking your jacket off for the examination and I need you to behave when Y/N comes in to help escort you. Ok?" I explained.
He immediately looked up in interest.
"My Y/N?" He mumbled.
I nodded and a huge grin spread across his face.
"Now may I help remove your jacket?" I asked.
He stumbled to his feet, but didn't come near me. I walked forward and he seemed to flinch.
"1104XX, I need you to come over here." I said.
"No..." He growled.
"We need to get the jacket off and put away before Y/N gets here. Would she approve of your behavior right now?" I asked.
He looked down and walked forward. I undid the jacket and took it off. 1104XX looked over at me.
"Y/N?" He said.
"She'll be here shortly. Now you need to be on your best behavior. Otherwise the jacket goes back on. Ok?" I said.
He nodded.
"Good. I'll be outside waiting for Y/N to arrive. Then we'll head down to the clinic." I said, turning towards the exit.
"Ok." He muttered.
I exited the room. He really is getting better with communicating. Kinda. About 25 minutes had passed and Y/N had shown up.
"Before we head down to the clinic, I need to warn you that I took his jacket off. I can put it back on if you don't feel comfortable with the situation." I explained.

Y/N POV

"No no. It's fine. He's been wanting it off since the day I started working with him." I said, chuckling.
"Ok. Now we should probably get heading down. Doctor Ericsson is more than likely ready for us." Professor Williams said.
I nodded and he opened the door. 1104XX stood there, a huge grin on his face. I smiled back and he pulled me into a tight embrace.
"Hey!" Chief Henry yelled.
"Chief, no. It's fine!" Professor Williams said, turning around to face Chief Henry.
I heard a low growl emerge from 1104XX's throat as he held me close. I looked at him and saw him death glaring Chief Henry.
"1104XX, I'm gonna have to ask you to please let me go. We need to get you down to the clinic for your check up. Ok?" I said.
He slowly let me go, still staying right next to me. The Professor looked over and gave me a small smile.
"Y/N has everything under control here. Now we'll be back in a few hours, Henry. You're allowed on break." Professor Williams said.
Chief Henry glared at 1104XX. I could tell from how tense 1104XX was that he seemed scared and something seemed off. I decided to take 1104XX's hand in mine and he seemed to relax a little, still not taking his eyes off Henry. I decided to keep a mental note of that. Though he does tend to glare at the Professor a lot too. But with how tense he is, it seemed like a different situation.
"All right. Ready to go 1104XX?" I asked.
He looked over at me and gave me a smile. I chuckled a little and we followed Professor Williams to the clinic. After we got there Doctor Ericsson came out of his office to greet us and bring us into one of the clinic's rooms.
"We're just having simple tests done, such as blood pressure taken, O2 levels taken, and etc. Like any normal check up. Though we do need to draw some blood today." Doctor Ericsson explained.
1104XX hissed at that last part and gripped onto my arm, clinging to me.
"Whoa, it's ok. It's just blood. Ok?" I said, looking over at 1104XX with a reassuring smile.
He growled and glared at me.
"No needles." He said.
"1104XX, you know how this goes. You make a big deal about it and in the end you realize it was absolutely nothing. Y/N will be by your side the whole time also. One little poke, that's all." Doctor Ericsson explained.
"No!" He shouted, trying to push me in front of him to hide himself.
I let out a sigh and so did Professor Williams.
"We can take blood last if it helps?" Professor Williams asked.
1104XX let out a snarl and turned away from us. I looked over at Doctor Ericsson.
"This is how it goes every time. It's rather difficult to get him to listen when it comes to these things." Doctor Ericsson said.
"1104XX it'll be fine. I promise." I said, walking over to him.
He looked over his shoulder at me and frowned.
"Bad. No." He said.
"Bad? What's bad?" I asked, confused.
"Y/N." He mumbled.
I was kinda confused.
"Me?" I muttered.
He nodded. I sat there for a moment before letting out a small laugh.
"I guess I'll just leave. I'm sure my other patients would like me to hang out with them. Plus, if I'm being 'bad', I'm sure you won't miss me." I said, turning and walking over to the door.
Professor Williams and Doctor Ericsson looked confused. I gave them a thumbs up. Right before I grabbed the door handle, a hand grabbed my wrist.
"No! Sorry! Stay!" 1104XX begged.
"Will you allow Doctor Ericsson to draw blood without putting up a fight then?" I asked.
He looked frustrated and let out an irritated huff before nodding.
"Great, let's get to work." I said.

(1262 words)