𝟻.

X

I made my way to Poppa's office after I had gotten dress to go home. When Poppa calls me to the office it's for me to give him all the money I made and he gives me my share.

I knocked on his door and a naked girl opened it. "Can I help you?" She asked me with a little attitude. I really didn't have time for no rude ass hoe.

"Is Poppa in there? I'm tryna go home."

"He's busy right now."

"Aye stop playing at my door and let her in." I heard Poppa say and I pushed her out the way walking into his office. His office smelled like marijuana and sex as usual.

I dropped the few stacks of cash that I counted earlier before my last client of the night. "It's already counted and this is the rest I made for a private dance I had before you called me back here." I gave the rest of the cash to him but he gave it back for me to keep.

He pulled out his money counter and counted the money. When he finished he gave me my half and he kept his.

"See ya Dymond. You working tomorrow?"

"Nah imma stay home a get some rest. I've been tired lately."

"Alright you call me if you need me."

"I know Poppa, see ya." I said exiting his office.

X

After getting off the subway from Manhattan to queens then walking a few blocks to get home I was so damn tired. I walked in the house thankfully everyone was sleep so I made my way to my room closing the door and plopping on the bed.

I was gonna get in the shower but right now I just needed a quick nap. My body began to relax as I dozed off into a much needed sleep.

X

I began to feel some one shaking me and calling my name, waking me out of the best sleep I was getting since I started working at that club.

I groaned in frustration hoping that would stop whoever was trying to wake me up but it did nothing. As I was coming back into reality it was my little brother Resse shaking me like I was crazy.

"Reese move damn, stop shaking me like I'm dead or something." I pushed him and pulled the covers up over my head. It was bright as hell in my room, it was too early for this.

"And turn the damn lights off."

"The lights ain't on stupid it's 2 in the afternoon and Momma told me to come wake you up. You know today is Daddy's birthday and we go visit him then go out to eat with Kim and Aunt Toya."

After hearing that I jumped up quickly. "Daddy's birthday is today?"

"Uh yeah. You literally have it on your calendar." He said.

"No Reese I'm fine, I guess the days just all been feeling the same I forgot." I yawned and began to stretch.

"Damn you need to get that together yo breath smell like it can defeat a whole war."

"Resse get the fuck out my room. Tell Momma I'll be ready in a minute." I threw a pillow at him as he walked out my room.

I can't believe I forgot today was my Daddy's birthday. If it wasn't for my momma I would stay home but it's the only time other than Mother's Day, Her birthday, and Christmas that she gets to see all her kids together. I just don't want to hear Kimberly talk about how "wonderful" her husband is and I definitely don't want to hear her smart ass remarks she might decide to make to me.

For some reason since our Daddy passed and she got married she started to act brand new and nobody liked it. She would always try to pick fights with me when it came to me working at a certain place and who I would be dating at the time. Hell she barely came around when momma was really sick.

I get up and take a shower since I forgot to get up earlier to do it. Once I was finished with my shower I did the rest of my bathroom routine. After finishing is the bathroom I went to my closet to figure out something to wear.

I decided to wear my high waisted jeans with a tank top since it was hot today. I decided to pull my tank top up some to show off my belly ring. I grabbed my denim hat and my shades, and my necklace my daddy gave me on my 16th birthday.

I looked myself over in the mirror, then I made my way out my room so we could go ahead and pick up what we needed and make it to my Daddy's grave.