𝟷.

𝐌𝐚𝐫𝐜𝐡 𝟏𝟕𝐭𝐡, 𝟏𝟗𝟗𝟒
X
𝐐𝐮𝐞𝐞𝐧𝐬 𝐍𝐘
X

"Reese get up! You're about to be late for school!" Dymond yelled from the kitchen. The sound of Mary J. Bilge's Mary's Joint blasted through the 3 bedroom apartment. The smell of bacon clouded the air as Dymond danced and hummed the song while she made breakfast. She made two plates for the table then made a lunch bag for her little brother. She knew he wasn't going to have anytime to eat so she made him a lunch for later.

As she was finishing up his lunch bag she could hear her brother sprinting around to get what he needed. He rushed in the kitchen and grabbed the few pieces of bacon that were left. Dymond handed him his lunch bag.

"Thanks Sis!" He said as he quickly grabbed his book bag and ran out the house. Dymond turned the radio down as she saw her mother emerge from her room.

"Good Morning Momma." She said with a small smile then sat in her normal eating spot.

"Good Morning Sweetheart. Thank you for breakfast."

"You're welcome momma. You sleep alright?"

"It could have been better, I had a hard time getting comfortable."

Delilah was diagnosed with Breast Cancer last year around Thanksgiving. It has been a hard couple of months for them after finding out. She lost her hair so she's been wearing head wraps around the house and wigs when they go out. Delilah makes sure to keep a smile on her face and to keep living her best life the best way possible. She doesn't like when her kids worry about her.

"But how has the job search been going?" Delilah asked Dymond as they ate their breakfast.

"Still looking, For some reason I can't find a job in my interest."

"I told you, you should start singing."

"Momma my singing isn't all that good."

"I ought to pop you. You keep sitting on God's gift it's not gonna get you no where. You have the prettiest voice and you need to be putting it out there so others can hear you."

"I hear you Ma." They continued to eat and talk about anything they could think of. After finishing their breakfast Dymond cleaned up the kitchen while her momma went back into her room to get dressed for the day.

Dymond knows her momma is right, but she likes being close to her mom. Plus with her being sick who will watch after Resse and her.