Sa susunod na habang buhay

this oneshot is inspired by the song "Sa susunod na habang buhay" by Ben and Ben

Tricia's pov

"Hi, tangi!" I said while looking at the sky.

"I saved a life today, are you proud of me?" A butterfly landed on my right arm, I smiled thinking that maybe it was her.

Y/N died in a car crash 6 months ago, she was about to visit Tricia at the hospital but she got hit by a truck and she didn't make it.

"Sana okay lang kayo ni papa diyan" I said while trying to hold back my tears.

"Minsan iniisip ko if totoo yung multiverse, and kung totoo nga sana nandoon nalang ako sa universe na buhay ka pa. Alam mo ba tangi? a guy at work asked if he can court me pero I turned him down kasi ikaw pa din eh. Hindi ko kayang ipagpalit ka.

...

"Trish! kakain na" I heard mama calling my name.

"ah ma susunod na po ako wait lang po"

"Are you talking to her again?"

Mama looked at me with sadness in her eyes.

"Anak, I know it's hard pero she's with your dad now."

"I know po ma, ang hirap lang talaga. It's been 6 months yet hinahanap ko pa din siya araw-araw."

"You just have to learn to let go anak. Move forward and when the time comes you'll meet her again. Y/N was a nice person, a new version of you was made nung naging kayo. You became more lively than before, and nung time na yon that's when I knew that you love her so much. Always remember that me, Jillian and your ate Aika are always here for you. Hindi ka nagiisa Trish. It's okay not to be okay anak."

I couldn't help but cry harder when she pulled me in for a hug. Ate Aika and Jillian just looked at us with teary eyes.

-fast forward-

sa panaginip ni Tricia

Tricia's pov

I opened my eyes and looked around, I'm in my room. When suddenly the door opened and there I saw Y/N. I wasted no time and immediately hugged her, she is wearing the hoodie that I gave her on her last birthday when she was still alive.

"Tangi, I missed you so much" I said while my face is buried in her neck.

"I missed you more mahal ko, stop crying na please. I don't want to see you cry every day because of me, you have lives to save and patients to take care of. They need you mahal, don't let them experience what I did."

"Ikaw kailangan din kita tangi, ang hirap sobra. Nung nawala ka hindi ko na alam ang gagawin ko. I felt like my whole world was crashing again, parang yung naramdaman ko din when papa died."

"Mahal, I know pero you can't be like this every day. Me and your papa already met and he told me a lot of things about you"

"Tingin ka sakin." I looked at her in the eyes.

"Magkikita ulit tayo I promise, pero now is not the right time. You still have to build our dream house right? promise me na kahit wala na ako sa mundong ito, mabubuo mo pa din ang bahay natin."

"I promise tangi, but please visit me in my dreams again?"

"I will visit you again mahal"

"Please say I love you to papa for me"

She nodded and kissed the top of my head.

"I love you more than you ever know mahal"

"Ikaw lang ang mamahalin ko habang buhay tangi"

-fast forward-

I woke up and remembered my dream last night. Sana ay masaya ka diyan sa taas kasama si papa tangi, bawi nalang tayo sa susunod na habang buhay. I promise to fulfill our dreams kahit ako nalang ang magtutupad ng mga pangarap na iyon.