Six

Sal

"Sal Fisher. In my office. Now." I stood up. The other two were already in there. I walked in and sat next to Travis. "Sal, what exactly did you see?" I got comfortable and stared at him. "I saw people huddled around the bathrooms and rushed over. I saw my friends and asked them what was happening, they told me Travis and some dude were fighting." The principal nodded. "I realized Travis looked perfectly fine, on the face, and the other guy was bruised pretty badly. I thought he was perfectly fine until he punched Travis." The guy scoffed. I pushed on. "So, I stepped in because Travis was coughing up blood. I told him to fuck off and he didn't. So I kicked him. Then we started fighting a bit before a teacher got involved." He nodded. "It's not a fight you were brought into!" The guy scoffed again. "He was hurt!" I glared at him. "SO WAS I?!" I stood up. "YOU FU-" The principal shouted at us all. "ENOUGH. Your parents are all on their way. You will all SIT HERE until they get here. I have to talk to the teacher who caught you boys. Don't cause a problem." He glared at me and stood up. I sat back down and grumbled.

"My son only starts fights if needed." My mother glared at the principal. "I understand ma'am. But that's not what im-" "Shut the hell up." I chuckled. Someone else walked in the office. "The hell did my son do now." I saw Travis flinch. "He did-" "He did nothing." I glared at what I think is Travis' dad. He scoffed. "Yeah right. He always messes up." The more I looked at this douche the more I recognized him from somewhere. Mother grabbed my shoulder. "Can we leave yet?" She stared at the principal. "Huh- Uh- Sure. I guess you aren't needed anymore since it's about these boys." I stood up. I looked at the man. He looked angry. His aroma was just pure anger. I looked back at Travis. I felt, bad. Leaving him. "Come now, Sal." Mother stood at the door. Mr. Phelps glanced at us. "Phsyco bitch." He grumbled loud enough for me to hear. I froze. "The fuck did you just call my mother?" He turned and looked at me. "Shut up kid." I rolled my eyes. "I remember you now." I walked towards mother. "Fucking sicko." I huffed under my breath. Mother followed and slammed the door behind her.

"Mom? He's the guy that acted like a dog. Wasn't he." She closed the apartment door and sat down. "Yes.. Yes he was Sal." Her voice cracked. I realized she was crying. "Mom? Do you know that man?" I walked over to her and gizmo jumped up on her lap as if he knew what she was feeling. "He.. He was my ex. I was forced to date him. My parents wanted me to marry him." I sat down. "What?" She nodded. "He was abusive. I did everything I could do to get away. Your father, we met in a park one day. He helped me get away from that fucking town. I haven't seen him or my parents since.. Until that day we were at the park having a picnic." She sighed. "I'm sorry Sal. But if what I'm thinking is right, your friend.. Travis? Is probably being abused by him." My eyes widened. "I-I have to help him! I can't just-" Mother smiled. "Save him like how your father saved me," she grabbed my hands. "I believe in you, son." She smiled and one last tear fell down her face. I nodded. "I will. I promise I will."