Eighteen

Sal

So, me and Larry are now working at McDonalds together. Everytime someone pulls up the drive he shoves me out of the way. "I have to be the sexy guy everyone loves!" I rolled my eyes. "Your hair is in a bun, and you look gay." Larry rolled his eyes. "You're just jealous!" I shook my head. "There's nothing to be jealous of.." "Whatever! Shut up!" He opened the window. "Hello, your total will be 27.98$" Larry smiled and smirked. I groaned and shook my head. I walked away to serve the customers in the building.

Me and Larry started working a month ago, now we're working at night, and going to college during the day. We don't work on the weekends though. We didn't realize how busy we would be this year. But, it keeps us occupied and it's fun. Working with Larry is always interesting. I answered the last question for the test and stood up. "Done again, Fisher?" I nodded and he chuckled. "You're a good kid. You get stuff done. Thanks kid." I smiled and nodded. "No problem sir." I gave him my test and sat back down. I grabbed a paper and picked up my pencil. I started scribbling again or what Larry likes to call, art. Whenever I scribble I actually make good art and it impresses Larry but when we try to have me actually draw, it looks like a dog just shit all over it. I smiled at the thought and continued to draw.

"Welcome to McDonalds, what can I get for you today?" I heard them giggle. "Can I get...." I nodded and put the order in the computer. Once they drove up to the window it was Lisa. I chuckled. "Larry! It's for you!" Larry quickly walked over then groaned. "I was hoping it was a cute lady. Darn." I smiled and walked away. He's so fucking stupid. Yet I love him like a brother.

It's been a year, got the first year of college over and it's summer break. Todd and Neil want to go to the beach so Ash plans to drive back from the city today. Larry really hopes he finds a hot girl and can get her to date him. We plan to be gone for two weeks. Neil's parents have a cabin down where we're going so we'll stay there and go to the beach and fun stuff. Of course we are taking Gizmo and Renzo. Renzo loves water and Ash, and Gizmo just likes being with people and me.

"Ash!! Your hair looks fucking awesome!" Larry really liked Ash's short hair. "Thanks." I smiled. "It looks good. Glad you're back, Ash." She smiled. "Hey Sal. How are you?" She walked over to me and hugged me. "Good, I've been working with this idiot for a year now." I pointed at Larry. "Hey! We have fun at McDonalds!" I chuckled. "Yeah." Ash shook her head. "You're both idiots. Where's Todd and Neil?" I pointed upstairs. "Probably still packing. I'll go see." I walked up the stairs. "Todd? Neil?" Todd walked over to the stairs. "Hey." I waved. "Hey, just wanted to make sure you weren't having sex or some shit." Todd shook his head. "Is Ash here?" Neil walked over. "Yeah. She's looking for you two." Neil nodded. "Alright, let's go down to take a break for a bit." Todd nodded. "Kay." I followed them down stairs. "Hey guys!" Ash smiled and walked over to them and hugged them. I whistled for Renzo. He quickly ran up the stairs. Once he saw Ash he jumped on her. "Hey buddy! I was hoping you were here!!" She laughed and Renzo licked her face. "Me and Todd will finish packing, then we can go. It's a 6 hour drive, so get ready." We all nodded. "Let's take Renzo outside, Ash." Ash stood up. "Alright." Me and Ash walked towards the basement.

"Finally!! We're here! Home for two weeks!!" Larry rushed inside with his luggage. Renzo followed him inside. I chuckled and grabbed Gizmo. "Cmon you fat lazy cat!" I smiled and carried him inside. Todd and Neil followed behind me. Ash walked in after, with my luggage. "You forgot this." I chuckled. "Oops. Thanks Ash." She smiled. "No problem idiot." I rolled my eyes. Neil then walked back out to get the other stuff. "There's also a lake here. It's pretty clean so we could probably go swimming later." Todd noted once everyone got settled in. Larry grinned. "Awesome!" Neil shrugged. "Not much food though. Does anyone want to go shopping with me?" I nodded. "Why not. Ash?" Ash shook her head. "I'll stay here and watch idiot #1 incase he does any stupid shit." I smiled. "Alright Todd are you going?" Todd nodded "Yeah." I waved to Ash and Larry. "Bye guys. Have fun." Ash rolled her eyes. "I'll try." I chuckled.