Chapters 8 - The View

I drop the kids off at the house and head right back out to the salon. I had a couple things to get done and wanted to it early.

When I got there I looked up at my husband's office but he wasn't seated at it his desk at this hours and it made me curious.

I've never been inside his new office and I didn't even know why. Today I decided to take a stroll.

It was different from old one and you could easily tell that he had a hand in every detail, from the lights to the tiles were perfection.

"His taste will always be rich" I said as I walked through the long foyer to his office.

Ofcourse Kelly was seated at the front but her space was now far away from his actual office and you could see her as you enter the waiting are.

"Kelly is my husband in" I asked.

She must be very good at her job for him to keep her here this long. I even heard that he bought her a new car, I didn't like the idea but who was I tell the great Garrick Elan Chalkline the Great Germs Walker how to spend on his side bitch.

"Oh, hi Mrs. Walker, first I'm seeing you around these parts, you look lovely" She smiled.

She had a pretty face with pretty smile, I could damage because I liked neither.

"Thanks Kelly, is my husband in?" I asked again.

"Oh, no I'm sorry, he is in a meeting with his brother" She said.

He is always at some meeting.

"Will he be out soon?" I asked.

She looked at her tablet and made a few taps.

"He should have been done twenty minutes ago but its taking longer than expected I guess" She said.

"That's ok, I will sit and wait for him in his office" I said.

She used her hand to show me the way like I didn't know where to find
it.

I cut my eyes at her.

I open the door to magnificent all white with a hint if brown decor and ofcourse glass windows all around  and oh look, my sister's fucking car tyres.

"Jesus christ Garrick" I shouted.

I expected them properly and to make sure I wasn't tripping.

Kelly opened the door because she heard me.

"Are you ok? She asked.

I was looking at the tyres.

"Yes I am fine" I snapped at her.

"Does those belongs to you?" She asked.

I took a deep breath before I turned to look at her.

"Kelly I'm not my husband, you don't have to talk to me, now leave me the fuck alone" I said.

She rolled her eyes then looks passed me.

"Oh look, the meeting is over" She said

My eyes caught what she was looking at it at.

Line walking along with a lady. She was dress in elegant business attire.

"That's who he was in the meeting with?" I asked Kelly.

"Yes, that's thee Tessa Newman" She said.

I met her once but it was briefly, shortly after the accident.

I watched them talking with each other. He took her hand and was playing with her fingers, tucking her hair behind her ear. She smile up at him and her eyes sparkled.