Chapters 36 - Superman

Chalkline's POV

I turned on the road that was so familiar as we followed the nurse.

"Fuck" I yell and punch the dash board.

"What's wrong?" Amanda asked.

I shouldn't even be surprised at all because if Stacy wasn't involved some how, then this wouldn't be real.

When I got out of the car I met Georgia at the gate and held onto her hand.

"Hey, what am I walking into?" I asked.

She couldn't hide emotions that well.

"I don't think I can explain to you, just come, it will be ok" She said.

We walked into the house and I looked around and saw pictures of all of us hanging all over the walls.

I choked up just seeing all of this.

"Hi Mr. Walker, I'm nurse Kady" another lady appeared from a room.

"Hi, this is my sister, Amanda" I said.

Mandy sucked on to my arms, I could tell she was just as scared.

She smiled at us and I told me to follow her first.

"Stay here, soon come get you" I said to Mandy.

She walked ahead of me. When she opened the door I saw Senior laying on his back with an oxygen mask on his while the machine provided the soundtrack to the room.

I stood at the door looking at him. Stuck  right at the entrance, I couldn't enter the room.

"What- what is going on?" I asked.

She gestured for me to come into the room.

"No, tell me here" I said.

"Mr. Walker, just go, we will talk to you" Georgia said.

She took my hand and gently pulled me into the room. I walked to the side of the bed and stood there looking down on what is supposed to be my father.

"This is not my father" I said.

He looked smaller and older. This was not my superhero.

"This is not my father" I said.

I felt when someone wrapped their hand around me and I could hear the crying.

"Mandy this is not him" I said.

I held onto his hand at it was cold and soft.

"Please tell me what is wrong with him" I said.

Georgia came to stand beside me.

"I'm sorry Mr. Walker. He was diagnosed with prostate cancer 1 year ago. He was in and out of the hospital. He assigned Dr. Newman to his case and she assigned us to take care of him and we have been here ever since" The nurse said.

So Jaria knew he was sick all along.

"So why no one told me that my father was sick?" I asked.

"Apparently he told Dr. Newman if she tells you he would see to it that she lose her licence. However couple days ago he told Georgia that when he was dying she should go find you and bring you here" She said.

I looked at Georgia.

"My wife, she knew?" I asked.

"Who is your wife?" Kady asked.

I'm confused now.

"Miss Walker is his daughter in law, not his daughter" Georgia said.

He told them Stacy was his daughter. What were you doing Senior. Why him drag her into this?