Chapters 24 - Careful

Mel's POV

"So Mr. Lister I heard that you took some things from me and I would like to have them back" I said

When Garrick brought him to me he was shock to see that I was still alive.

"I have told your son where he could find them" He said.

He could barely look into my face while he was talking.

"Tell me one good reason I should allow you to stay alive" I asked him.

He finally looked up at me.

"My mom and sister, they would be very hurt and I take care of them"  He said.

I took my time to get off the bed so I could get closer to him.

"Did you think about my children when you and your friends were trying to kill me?" I asked.

"I was not a part of their plans, I was helping him because he was helping me but I knew nothing about them trying to hurt you" He said.

I let guard down with him once and I was not about to do it again.

"I'm going to let you go but you pray my son has the same mercy on you" I said.

"Melissa I'm sorry and I never ment to hurt you and I only told Marlon about the information I got so he could feel secure" He said.

I buried my feelings for him a long time ago.

"I no longer care. I am alive and with my family" I said.

I walked away from him and sat on the bed.

"Tell me you don't have any feelings for me" He said.

He really didn't want to go home to his mother I see.

"My son will kill you if hears you talking like this, so don't" I said.

"I can't help myself" He said.

"Well you get second chance to help yourself and live. Have a peaceful and safe life Mr. Lister " I said.

He got up slowly from the chair and walked out of the room.

Chalkline's POV

"Wah she say, me kill you?" I asked Tyrone as he existed the  room.

I had security waiting for him and he would be at home until I figured out what to do with him.

"I'm sure if you wanted to kill me she wouldn't have a say in it" He said.

Smart man. I was itching to put a bullet into him, even right now.

"Who say you never have sense?" I asked.

He took a deep breath. I can tell he was even too happy to be alive.

"So what's next for me?" He asked.

I pointed to the securities that were standing at a car.

"See them? They will take you somewhere and you will stay there until further notice. You can make your people dem know that you are alive and well" I said.

"Just like that?" He asked.

"Yes just like that" I replied.

He shook his head and walked towards then waiting car. I stood and watched as he got in and drove out then I made my way back into the house.

I receive a package from Ashley and I wanted to give it to my wife before I left the house today.

"Hey bro, can I talk to you for a minute?" Mandy asked.