Ch.3: Celebrity Romance

"SINCE WHEN HAVE YOU AND SHADOW BEEN DATING?"

"AHH!"

It's not even an hour since the news came out about famous actor Shadow the Hedgehog dating Amy Rose. News which were fake. Amy had many questions. One, how did they not notice the paparazzi taking pictures of them and two ... How the hell did Sonic get inside her house?

"Sorry, Ames, I did not mean to scare you," as softly as he could, Sonic approaches Amy who sits on her couch. The laptop is open and her TV is on the channel of the same gossip news she likes to watch. "I am just surprised, I always thought we were something you know? I mean not that I care or anything, it's just-"

"Those are fake news, I am not dating Shadow," Amy did not pay attention to Sonic's sudden nervousness nor the way he sighed in relief as he hears the real news.

"Then, if I may ask, what were you and Shadow doing in the middle of the night at the beach?"

That is a real good question. Truth is, Amy was too busy recollecting information about Shadow for her ... 'ShadAmy Fanfiction'

It was something about him not being interested in her. Amy found that weird since she thought she never showed signs of wanting something romantic out of him.

In her mind, it was Shadow telling her something along the lines of 'I hate you and you hate me, but for our job's sake let's keep it civil'

Also ... he lent her his jacket.

Now that she thinks about ... Yes, it was rather romantic.

"We just made up because we were at each other's throat the whole onset," Amy lies as best as she could. In part, it was kind of true. "We were always fighting and having misunderstandings ... so we just talked those things out."

"Well, now you are going to have to tell that to the paparazzi," Sonic says as he jumps and effortlessly lands on Amy's sofa. "And think fast because I saw them coming while I was coming over here."

"I think it's better if I wait for Shadow? You know so we make a public release?"

"Oh, Shadow is not even on the Island," Sonic says. "I went to Tails workshop early in the morning and he told me he sent Shadow off on a mission. His robot friend is very damaged and Tails needs some kind of stone that's only found on the neighboring island."

Amy suddenly stands up from the sofa, walking back and forth and putting one hand on top of her eyes as she closed her eyes. Of all days Shadow had to leave the island, it had to be today.

"Do you when he is coming back?"

"I don't know, maybe a week?" Sonic was never good with words. Nonetheless, he quickly thinks of something to make Amy feel better. "Come on Ames, it's not that bad. Gossip is always like that. Give it a couple of days and everyone will forget it."

"You think so?"

The pink hedgehog sighed and sat back down on the couch, Sonic puts his hand on her shoulder to bring her some comfort.

"Of course! Don't worry, this will all be just a bad dream by the end of the week."

.

.

.

It's been two weeks and he is finally home. Taking off his dirty shoes and only leaving his socks on, he jumped into the sofa wanting to close his eyes and rest. It was not a hard task. The fox boy had asked him to find some type of unique metal on Star Island, although it's the island next to them, it took him a few days to arrive on the boat.