Ch.4: Script

"This has to be a fucking joke," Sonic slams the script against the table and looks up to his friends. "I am not doing this, I am not getting paid enough."

Today is 'reading script day' Sonic Boom cast is given two weeks to memorize their script before starting to film. At this meeting, the main actors gather in a big room to read the script and get pointers on what the director wants.

"I am so excited!" Knuckles did a small twirl as he sits on his chair and happily starts reading the script again. "This is a dream come true!"

"I am not acting on this fanfic thing!" Sonic says and then looks over at Tails. "Tails, what are my possibilities for getting out of this one?"

"You are on contract Sonic, you can't afford a lawsuit."

"I would be against this but this is the best writing I've seen from this show," Sticks also takes her to sit with a cup of tea in her hand. "It's like the writers actually put effort."

"I have to agree with Sticks, it's cheesy and a bit cringy but it's kinda interesting."

Amy is not speaking. This is probably the first time in which she would have so much screen on an episode. She is barely on half of the script and all of it is bonkers. It read like fanfiction with the usual SonAmyShad tropes. The script starts with Amy running in the forest after she sees Sonic kissing some random girl. Then she bumps into Shadow and then blah blah boring stuff.

Suddenly the conference room slams open, revealing no other than Shadow the Hedgehog himself. Wearing shades and a black leather jacket. Amy wonders how many of those he must have. She still needs to return the one he lent her.

"I am not doing this shit," Shadow says as she sits on his chair and crosses his legs. Slamming the script against the table and almost breaking it in half.

"Great," defeated Sonic sits next to Amy who is still not speaking her mind. "The script is shit and now I am agreeing with Shadow too."

"Do not misunderstand me, I am fine acting on anything as long as the writing is good."

The pink hedgehog is between the two and her mind brings her memories of Shadow acting in 'Forest of Dreams' which is still one of her favorite movies. Amy knows for a fact Shadow can act in a romance film. After all, he is known to be a 'dreamy' actor and even likes a 'prince' ... At least that's what his fangirls say about him.

"But look at this! If they want a good ShadAmy story then they should just read First Im-"

Shadow stops and by this time Amy is looking at him. She could swear she saw a little bit of red on Shadow's cheeks but she concludes that it must be her mind playing tricks since she slept really late yesterday.

"First what?" Amy asks as Shadow thanks Chaos she could not see through his shades because otherwise, she would see the panic in his eyes.

"First, just first," Shadow quickly corrects himself. "They should learn how to read first!"

"What if all say no?" Sonic speaks up, trying to get Amy's attention since she looks to be too busy looking at Shadow. "Hey can't force us to do this if we all say no?"

"But I do want to do this!"

"Knuckles!"

Before everyone could get angrier at Knuckles, Mr. Johnson the Rabbit, the director walks into the meeting room. Following from behind are the show writers and Mia the Hedgehog, Shadow's tiny manager.

The air could be cut with a knife. Shadow is already throwing daggers at everyone with his eyes. They all quietly take their seats and after a few seconds of deadly staring, the director finally speaks up.