Ch.8: Story

"It's me! Hello! I am the problem it's I!

At coffee time everybody agrees!

I look directly at the moon but never in the mirror, it most be exhausting always rooting for the anti-hero!"

"NEW RISING POP-STAR TYLER SWEET IS TAKING OVER THE WORLD WITH HER NEW ALBUM!"

Shadow is eating his daily coffee beans as he softly sings his favorite song. He is not one to listen to gossip news but he just had to whenever Tyler Sweet drops a new album. He just hopes she succeeds in the music charts. Shadow has secretly been following him since she started uploading her songs on MusicCloud and he is glad she has finally had her breakthrough.

"Shadow."

The actor recognizes Omega's robotic voice as he enters the kitchen.

"Hey Omega, did you sleep well?" Shadow asks as he looks inside one of his kitchen cabinets. There he finds car oil. For Omega of course. Omega doesn't need sleep. However, Tails took the liberty to program a 'sleep' software on the robot. And he seems to have enjoyed it."

"Yes. I am 'rested."

After a few seconds, Omega makes a pause and Shadow looks at him.

"I have two notices," Omega says. "Rouge says she will come to visit soon."

"Alright, gonna have to break a leg so she doesn't force me to go shopping with her," Shadow puts a few coffee beans in his mouth and chews them. "What is the other news?"

"... Your ShadAmy Comic has gotten over 100k reads on Weebtun"

.

.

.

Shadow's phone has not stopped ringing with notifications. Comments, likes, and shares. He had spent many days drawing that comic and even thought his art was not good enough to get praised.

As much as he wants to get excited, he knows he can't. Especially when he is a famous actor and he can't risk being exposed as a crazy fanfic fanatic in real life.

He quietly rubs and puts pressure on the middle of his palm to alleviate his anxiety. Shadow was definitely not expecting that many people to read his comic and somehow that's making him sweat.

"Shadow!"

Shadow snaps and completely forget that he is on set.

"Your lines? We don't have all day."

But Shadow stays quiet. Looking side to side, confused.

"Nevermind. Let's all take five. Shadow, either learn your lines or improvise!"

He sighs heavily and goes to his black chair. Next time there is a table with coffee beans as snacks. But right now he is not interested in that. Shadow sits and pulls out his phone. He should be studying his lines but he knows them already. He needs a different kind of support.

TheFanfictioner#0619: "I am starting to think I suck at my job."

Shadow texts his online best friend and eats some of the coffee beans. He had muted his notifications from Weebtun but he can't help and constantly check the app. The reads are growing and so is his anxiety.

ARoseWithoutTorns#0923: "You have a job? I thought you were too busy being a fanfic fanatic to have one."

TheFanfictioner#0619: "If that was my job, I wouldn't complain. But sadly, I entertain people for a living and I hate people most of the time."