Ch.7: The Artist

"Very well then."

Sonic goes back to the door and holds the doorknob. He looks at Amy and then at Shadow and very calmly he speaks up again.

"Shadow hid in the closet."

"What?"

Without any other warning, Sonic opens the door and immediately, reporters and paparazzi's that were waiting outside the room started to take pictures of him. Shoving voice records close to him and asking questions.

"I am sorry guys, my girlfriend and I didn't get enough sleep last night so she is not looking very appropriate right now," Sonic then comically covered his mouth with one hand. "Oops, did I just say girlfriend?"

"Sonic the Hedgehog has a girlfriend?!" One of the reporters asks out loud in disbelief, and with that, the media crowd starts to get more agitated.

"Who is she?"

"Tell us her name?"

"Is she a famous actress too?"

The blue hedgehog then looks at the two other hedgehogs who were still in bed and Shadow immediately knew what Sonic is trying to do.

How humiliating, nonetheless Shadow uses his speed to go hide in the closet. Leaving Amy alone in bed.

Yes the whole 'Amy and I' are dating was just to get to Sonic's nerve but Shadow did not mean it. Shadow could not risk people believing that they were a thing. Especially when they were still in Acorn castle and Sally might hear of this.

"I think it's time we make it public," Sonic opens the door wide open and lets the paparazzi inside the room. Immediately starting to take pictures of the pink hedgehog in bed. Unknown to them, Shadow the Hedgehog was in the closet.

"Amy Rose and I are dating!"

She is internally screaming. For two reasons mostly. One is that her being in bed and looking terrible can imply many things for the media to interpret. Second, Sonic the Hedgehog, just said that they were dating.

Could he stop for a moment playing with her heart?

"We need all the details! Interview live on TV!"

"Pictures! When did you start dating?"

"Do you plan to get married soon?"

Question after question. Picture after picture. Sonic couldn't answer any of them as he is more focused on how Amy is not looking too comfortable with the pictures. Maybe this is not such a good idea.

Using his super speed, Sonic quickly goes to the bed and picks up Amy. He didn't hesitate to go to the balcony and stand on the edge.

"Sorry yall, gotta go get breakfast with my girl. Let's schedule something for later alright?"

Sonic then smiles at Amy and at this Amy knew exactly what the blue is planning on doing.

"Sonic, I swear if you jump, I'll-"

But before she could finish her sentence, Sonic had already jumped off the balcony and landed perfectly on the ground. Running off into the distance.

"Everyone let's follow them!"

The paparazzi's and reports left the room immediately and after making sure no one was there, Shadow finally came out of the closet.

As he is finally alone. He took a moment to recollect his thoughts and all that came to mind is what a waste of time all of this is.

"Did you have fun last night?"

Shadow couldn't have a single minute of peace. He is completely speechless. And feels heavy the moment he hears her voice.