CHAPTER 3

Madenna did not choose Farren only for his magic skills.

In her past life, she had met Farren once.

It was after Suzanne's coming of age ceremony.

Farren had visited Madenna in person when Suzanne was studying abroad.

At that time, she had thought Suzanne was an honest child so she was reluctant to see Farren, the villain of the novel.

She was planning to kick him out from the estate, but in the end, she decided to receive and serve him tea before sending him back.

No matter how evil Farren was, his villain title still enticed Madenna's curiosity. She would like to see how devious he was as the villain in real life.

It wasn't an exaggeration to say, she was flabbergasted to see Farren face-to-face.

Thanks to Suzanne's beauty, the countess was unaffected by most people who had attractive looks as no one was up to par with Suzanne's beauty.

But Farren was different, he had the type of beauty that could steal someone's breath without them realizing.

The combination of his jet black hair and bloody red eyes gave off a devilish charm.

'Is it necessary to be this handsome when you're the villain?'

Yet, as soon as Farren sat face-to-face with Madenna, he uttered strange words to her.

"Countess Rodenherg, you'd better watch out for Suzanne."

He had warned her that Suzanne was trying to bring her down. She was planning many malicious schemes behind her back.

When Madenna heard that, she was beyond furious and immediately drove him out.

At that time, she had believed in Suzanne so much that she would never doubt her sincerity. The novel portrayal of Suzanne as the heroine, also helped paint her as a good person in Madenna mind.

That was Madenna's last encounter with Farren, she hadn't seen him ever since.

In the novel, Farren appeared after Madenna was executed, so naturally, she had little to no interaction with him.

Yet, after fully realizing that she had been betrayed by Suzanne, the first person who crossed Madenna's mind was Farren.

Farren was the only person who knew of Suzanne's true nature and had advised her to be careful.

Once she returned to the past, Madenna didn't hesitate to sponsor him.

She also had calculated the profit. If she decided to invest her money in him and polished his abilities, who had the same magic talent as Suzanne, it would bring her tremendous returns minus the backstabbing.

"Here we are, Countess."

Madenna, who was taking a walk down memory lane, raised her head when she heard Suzanne's voice. She looked at the direction Suzanne pointed to.

In front of her eyes laid a small door in the corner of the second floor. On top of the door, a small hole was built, about the size of a human face.

The hole was covered with glass, but even though it was daytime, the room was dark, so she couldn't see anything through it. She tried to open the door, unfortunately it was shut tight.

"I need a key to get in. Do you have it?" Madenna asked.

"No, I don't," she replied with an innocent smile.

'Then why did she come forward and lead me all the way here?'

"But you can see inside through the hole in the door. He's the one called Farren. He is a really violent kid. It would be better to see him from here rather than meeting him in person."