CHAPTER 8

"Yes, the most important idea in business is to buy other people's favors."

"Others' favors...?"

"For example, let's imagine that this store has an item that will be in trend later on. They are looking for an investor, and the candidates are our family and the Tassio family. Which investor do you think will be prioritized by the manager?

"Ah..."

Farren nodded, understanding the underlying meaning.

"A little favor is not enough. Even if they favor our family, the store may choose a family with better financial conditions. This element will mainly come into play when the business has difficulty choosing between investors with similar financial conditions."

"So you don't mind losing money to buy that sincerity."

"Of course, it's impossible to buy a person's heart with money. I think the best way to win a person's heart is through sincerity."

"Yes."

"However, money can be an instrument to express your sincerity. It's the best way to appreciate the time, material and effort they had put into creating the product."

"...in other words, the amount you have just invested is also the sincerity you show to this store."

"Yes," Madenna nodded, "Showering someone with money for no reason is useless, and it may be burdensome. That's not sincerity. However, if you spend money when it's necessary, that will be considered as sincerity by the other person."

Farren laughed softly at Madenna's explanation.

"Is that how you spend money suitably as you said?"

"That's right. You shouldn't hesitate to invest in the future. Please spend your money wisely."

"Yes!"

With a brighter expression than before, Farren took his teacup and sipped it carefully.

However, his eyebrows scrunched at the taste. It seemed like the tea was too bitter for him, a child who had not yet learned to appreciate the authentic taste of tea.

His childlike reaction made me laugh.

Farren, who had put down the teacup again, tilted his head and opened his mouth.

"...then, milady."

"Yes?"

"Is milady showing her sincerity by investing in me?"

"..."

Madenna revealed a surprised look at his question as the thought had never crossed her mind.

That's what she did to Suzanne. But in addition to the investment defined by money, she was genuinely fond of Suzanne and devoted herself to the girl.

If it was merely an 'investment,' it was bound to be a failure.

Yet, in the end, her love, money, and sincerity were returned with treachery and execution.

'...I was thinking of having Farren purely as a business partner. If we sign a blood contract, there will be no chance for him to betray me.'

It was easy to acquire favors from others who might be helpful in the future.

You could hand bonuses to people who have performed excellently and solve problems in stores with money.

The boy was looking at herself happily with a look of anticipation.

Madenna did not invest in Farren to win such a form of favor.

"I didn't invest in you to get a favor," she said.