CHAPTER 19

When Farren and Medenna returned to the mansion, it was close to evening.

The sun was gradually setting.

As the afternoon of winter was short, it became dark pretty fast.

Medenna changed into indoor clothes and entered the office.

In the room, Farren was sitting on the sofa looking out the window.

Farren was just quiet, perhaps he didn't notice Medenna coming in because he was immersed in his thoughts.

His profile looked sharp, unlike the usual innocent impression.

"Farren."

When Medenna called, Farren quickly turned his head toward her.

Although his emotionless face smiled when he saw her, there was still signs of sadness.

I'll leave the management of the mercenary guild to Farren.

When Sein heard that, she was a little surprised, but she said she would follow Medenna's will.

On the other hand, Farren said he would accept Medenna's will, but failed to erase his sadness.

Medenna didn't think that it might be too much of a burden for a brilliant boy like him in the beginning.

The mercenary guild will be scheduled to open a year from now.

Since there will be huge reorganization within the mercenary guild.

While waiting, she could also teach Farren intensively how to manage it so that he can serve perfectly as a leader later.

'But I don't think Farren is sad because he finds it difficult.'

Rather, people would normally be happy to receive such great authority.

Medenna sat side by side next to Farren on the sofa, feeling suspicious.

"...Farren."

"......"

"...... Farren."

"Yes."

"Did I say anything that hurt your feelings?"

Was the problem with the sudden notification? Or the way she talk was the problem?

No matter how much she thought about it, she couldn't understand why Farren was like this, so she asked carefully.

When Farren heard her question, he blinked and smiled bitterly.

Then he reached out both hands to her.

Medenna noticed what it meant, and held his hand.

"It's nothing like that. I want to do everything Medenna gives me."

"Then why...?"

Farren replied by rubbing the back of her hand with his thumb.

"......It's just the time I spend with Medenna is decreasing. Since I need to deal with the mercenary guild."

"Hmm, is that it? Anyways, the pillar of that mercenary guild is Viscountess Lucas, so you won't have to stick in the mercenary guild all day."

"But if I worked there, I'll lose time to spend with Medenna. Thinking like that, I was sad."

Medenna loosened one hand and stroked Farren's head.

Farren pulled her hand down and rubbed it against his cheek.

The red eyes looking at her were pitiful like an abandoned puppy.

"You're still a child. But when you get a little older, you'll want to be free from me."