chapter 21

"Any plans?" Jane enters the blode woman's office with an unusual smile on her face, she had missed her colleague, they didn't have a chance to interact that much during the week because of different shifts.

"Yes, I do have plans" Jennifer replies, gathering up her belongings and tidying up her desk a little bit, organising the files chronologically, for the patients that do have to come in tomorrow. "But I do have a few hours to kill beforehand"

"Perfect, new plans in the making" The red haired girl grabs her arm and takes her outside the hospital where the entire crew was waiting for them, the younger doctor immediately knew that they had everything planned.

"Took you time" Jake mutters seeing the two women exit the hospital and giving the blonde girl a quick hug, she flinched occasionally when the action was too hard, so they compromised to hug her a little softer, never mentioning her small jumps.

"She is a workaholic, I dragged her away when I could" Jane defends herself smiling at the boy next to her, seeing how Claire hugs the blonde woman last and murmurs something in her ear.

They had managed for Jennifer to meet up with a therapist regarding what happened nearly three weeks ago, and the changes were appearing slowly, but surely in the younger woman.

"Cut her some slack, she left family medicine a few days ago" Sean states, he was ecstatic when she told him that she decided to quit helping the doctors one day a week, since the incident, she had taken more time for herself.

"It was about damn time she left that" Jake agrees putting his hands on the blonde girl's shoulder, they all noticed the tense posture she took when a hand was unexpectedly put in her shoulder. He noticed his mistake and moved it away immediately.

The bar was packed, it was a friday night, but their table was always free, because Joe, the bar owner, had took a liking to the medical field and started maintain that table for them, what occasionally were six chairs and a table, had turned now into five chairs, with a member of their team out, they had more mobility between them, more distance from chair to chair and were happier without the black haired girl in the picture.

"How's everything Jen?" Jane asks her when she is sipping the cold beer she is going to stick into for the rest of her stay, she smiles at how comforting her friends have been since she was attacked. "We didn't managed to catch up, I missed my favourite doctor while I was on the job"

"I thought that I was your favourite doctor" Jake jokes earning a laugh from the younger woman when said boy is softly slap in the head,"Hey that's the most important part of the job"

"I was trying to fix that ego of yours" The red haired girl replies mockingly, rubbing the boy's hair and messing it up a little, just what he absolutely detestes. "I never even mentioned you and you are already taking part in the conversation"

"I'm wanted everywhere" He states grinding at her, Jane just laughs at that and Jennifer smiles at their playful manner they have with each other, she glances at Claire and Sean who are in their own conversation, quietly whispering something.

"I'm good" Jennifer simply replies, cutting Sean and Claire off, now that she feels every look on her, she is not necessarily lying about it. "Really, I'm taking the pills Tara recommended me for the bubbling anxiety that's around more often than not"

"Are they working correctly?" Sean inquires, he knows that she had some problems adjusting to the right dose and medication for some nightmares she admitted to have. True to her character, she did not mention having trouble sleeping. Claire had cornered her one day at the coffee station wondering how many cups she had been taking over the hour she had been there.