Chapter (6)

So many problems can be solved by simply communicating. You know that. Yujin probably knows that, too.

You're pretty sure everyone knows that, but there's also one tiny little thing that ensures no one ever chooses the simple route of talking everything out.

It's absolutely fucking terrifying.

You'll talk, of course. Eventually. Not tonight- tonight isn't about that. But you have to have at least something to cling to until that moment comes.

"What happened to stopping?"

Yujin turns away from you, but before panic fully sets in, she rolls back, her phone in her hand as she checks the time.

(You can't ignore the way her abs ripple under skin with the movement, and your fingers reach out to touch them of their own accord.)

Yujin shoves the phone under her pillow. "Well, it's... clearly not an option with us." The answer is so Yujin- cautious, quiet, yet calculated- that you have to snicker.

"Clearly," you half-mock her, giving her a smirk that only widens when you see her eyes travel over your body. You might have a lot of questions about her feelings, but you have the answer to one.

She wants you at least half as much as you want her. She still likes to mark you, too; and likes to admire her handiwork even more. You watch as she watches you. Drinks you in, more like it- her eyes roam over you like she can't get enough.
You don't exactly complain when she slowly tugs the sheet down and pushes you onto your back. You certainly don't complain when her gaze locks with yours, filled with quiet hunger you love to see. All for you, only for you- at least in this moment.

Even if she's deflecting, you don't really mind. You still point it out, your voice light and teasing. "I take it you're not in the mood for pillow talk."

Yujin's lips find your neck, and it gets harder to focus. Do you even need to? "Is that what we were doing?" Yujin replies, words muffled by your skin. You love the way she sounds right now. Low, murmuring. Love the way she inhales your scent, deep and greedy. Love-

You sigh and relax under her. "If you want," you say, "Then yes, that's what we were doing." At her own pace. That's what you've decided for yourself, in between kisses and moans and breaths. You have to let her figure things out at her own pace, while you do the same.

You might be a little closer to a resolution than Yujin. Just a little. And maybe, just maybe, it won't be such a huge revelation when you do reach the conclusion. But for now, you push it to the back of your mind and focus on the way Yujin's body feels on top of you.

"I'm not much of a talker," Yujin says, bringing you back to the present.

You let out a short laugh. Yeah, right. Says the girl who spent the last several hours whispering dirtiest things in your ear while her fingers explored you all over.

"Biggest lie I've ever been told. And I dated Huening Kai."

God, Wonyoung, you think to yourself. Did you have to say that?

You didn't. But with Yujin, it's so- it's so difficult and yet so easy at the same time. So easy to forget. So easy to melt in her arms and spill everything you feel and don't feel like spilling, because you know she'll listen with that quiet encouragement in her eyes that you've craved for so long. Listen and nod and smile her barely-there smile that goes unnoticed by most people except you, or so you'd like to think, at least.

That's why Kai's name escapes you this effortlessly. With Yujin, you don't exactly want to talk about him and the hurt he's left behind, but you're willing to try.