Chapter (9)

Your mother comes back home, and with her, comes the inevitable separation. And- it's not like you weren't prepared for it. You were.

You just weren't prepared for the constant ache that came with it. Of course, you anticipated you wouldn't be too happy about not being able to kiss her and hold her and nap on her chest whenever you want. But you didn't expect it to hurt.

Right now, you're sitting in front of her and watching her carefully drink her tea and and your fingertips are prickling with desire to just reach out and-

"How is school, Wonyoung?" Your mother asks suddenly, and you blink, looking away from Yujin to find her studying you. Whatever she sees on your face- she does not like it.

You wonder how many times Yujin had to deal with this exact scowl, but on a different face.

"It's fine," you manage not to snap. Your gaze drops down to your plate, and you don't look Yujin's way again throughout dinner. Dara stays silent.
You can't even fucking look at her, apparently. It's killing you- and you wish you were being figurative. Even with Rei there, allowing you two to at least be in one room together, it's still not enough.

At least you have several hours a day without Dara's watchful eyes disapprovingly following you everywhere. You've never loved a school supply closet more. You've never been in a school supply closet before, to begin with- even if you might seem the type of girl to be into that. Supply closets are for quiet people, and you are not one of them. Were not one of them. Love truly does change people.

Besides, Yujin would never skip school- not because school is more important to her than you, but- it's just two different things and you've decided to accept it without analyzing it too much. Yujin would never skip school for a makeout session, and you won't be able to bear another day without her kisses, so the supply closet it is.

You don't really have much to complain when your lips finally find hers after what seems like an eternity. You swear you're ready to cry with relief the first time it happens. But you don't. Yujin would probably freak out.

Yujin also has an affinity for thinking about the most random things while you're getting reacquainted with her lips. You'd be offended if it weren't so- well, so purely Yujin. She has a busy mind, and you- you get it. Or try to, if you don't.

"Should we tell her?" She asks you suddenly, right after one of the most incredible kisses you've ever had, and- does she really expect you to be able to think, let alone have a conversation right now?

But Yujin's not leaning in again, and even in the dark of the closet- which, yes, you're very aware of the irony- you can see her bright brown eyes, wide but serious.

"...What?"

"Rei," Yujin clarifies. "Should we tell her?"

You can only blink at her, because- seriously? "Really? That's what you're thinking about right now?"

Yujin swallows, thickly, and looks away for the briefest of seconds, but it's enough for you to start suspecting it might not be just about Rei. "I just-" she stops abruptly. Looks down again, and her arms around you tighten, confirming your suspicions.

You wait several seconds, but Yujin doesn't continue. She simply stands there, holding you and looking at you with a plea in her gaze you don't quite get yet. Still, you nod. "I know you must have a reason to bring this up," you say quietly. "But I also have a feeling it might get heavy, so -- can we discuss it later? On our ride home?" Your hand finds her arm, and you rub it, soothingly, while your head spins with questions you know Yujin's not ready to answer now. And, honestly, you don't want to ask them right now, either.