Chapter 2: "I miss you"

Sasuke🍅pov:

I look back to the village hidden in the leaves and feel instant regret. I needed to do this to avenge my clan, but was that more important than Naruto? Why didn't I bring him with me?

I knew that answer right away. Naruto is essential for the village. He is one of the mist skilled shinobu we have, and they need him on missions, they can't afford to lose both of us.

But still, Naruto is my whole life. Literally the sunshine I need to survive. Can I survive all these years without him? My estimate is about a year or two, but I didn't write that in the note, because I didn't want Naruto to get his hopes up.

I stare at my old home, feeling assured that the dobe will be alright. I jump to the trees, and run through the branches, never looking back.

🍥pov:

Tsunade lays me down on the bed in the hospital wing. She smiles at me, and I force one back. My stomach was churning. I was so nauseous I almost forgot about Sasuke. Almost.

"So Naruto," Granny spoke. "I'm just gonna get a physical, and we'll go from there, ok?"

30 minutes later

Granny looked army chart with a confused look on her face.

"There's nothing wrong with you, Naruto. You're healthy, completely. Maybe you ate something bad?"

"All I've had was ramen this morning," I told her, my hands on my stomach. I felt the instinct to protect it, for some reason.

Tsunade let me go. I went to my apartment (If you could even call it that) and ate more ramen. I was ramen-obsessed to begin with, but the past few weeks, I've been eating a lot. Suddenly, I dropped my fork. My mind flooded with black, and I was face to face with Kurama.

"Hi kit," Kurama greeted me.

"Kurama! I haven't talked to you in a while!" I say excitedly, looking up at them. Kurama is a tailed beast, which means he has no gender.

"Mm," Kurama added, and I could tell he was uneased. "Kit, I've got some news for you," they added nervously.

"What is it?" I asked.

"Well, you know how you've been sick?" Kurama asked.

"Yeah,"

"I'm just gonna spit it out, kid. You're pregnant."

I stared at Kurama in horror. 

"What?"

"You're a jinchuriki. It's possible."

I gaped at my bowl of ramen, Kurama escaping my thoughts. P-pregnant? Then I realized, it was Sasuke's. He was a father, and he possibly would never know.