Chapter 5: "Back to Konoha"

🍥pov:

I walked along a dirt path this time. I didn't know where I was going, and with my ongoing nausea, I was pretty sure that I was going in circles. My head spun and I squatted with my hands on my knees, which seemed to be weak. My body was giving out. I felt a sharp pain in my abdomen. Shit...

My vision started to black out as I sunk to the ground. I was getting worse...

Why was this happening?

-

I woke up to see a dark sky above me. Great. I heave myself up and groan at the pain awaiting my stand. I couldn't take this anymore. 

I was weak. As I stumbled along the path, I wondered exactly how weak. I knew I was pregnant, obviously, but, could I still fight in my condition?

School at the academy or even Kakashi's training hadn't taught me two shits about pregnant shinobi, and this was really aggravating me. Thanks a lot, school system! I continued my stumble walk, eventually leaning against a tree to nap until morning.

-

I awoke with a lot on my mind, and to my surprise, I seemed as I already had a plan, without making it out in my head. I needed to go back to Konoha. Sasuke didn't matter anymore, I needed to care for myself and my baby, and I could worry about him later. I stood up triumphantly and marched down the path with a new tint of hope.

-2 weeks later-

I arrived at the gate of Konoha, exhausted beyond repair. The two guards walked over to me. 

"Name?"

"Naruto Uzumaki. Shinobi of The Village Hidden In The Leaves." I said, pointing to my headband. The guard nodded.

"Go along, then."

I watched as they opened the gate, then continued through it. It was pretty early in the morning, so nobody was outside. I made my way back to my house. I say ramen guy opening ichiraku. I was craving some ramen, but I had more important things to do. 

I opened my door to a dusty place. God, was it always this bad? I walked to my room and laid out  my favorite white t-shirt and some green shorts. I showered quickly and changed into them. Looking in the mirror, I scowled at my appearance. I looked like hell. 

I lifted up my shirt to stare at my stomach in the mirror. You could barely make out a bulge near my abdomen. Damn it.

-

The next day, I decided to talk to Sakura and Kakashi. I found Sakura quickly. 

"Uhm hi Sakura," I said shyly, catching up to her.

"Naruto?" she stopped. "Is that you?"

Before I could answer, she embraced me. "Where were you? I missed you! Did Sasuke come back too?"

"I was looking for him, and no, I didn't find him," I answered, dropping her hands from around my neck. I saw her face drop. Ugh. All she cared about was the dumb teme. And now she had me thinking about him again.

"I need to talk to you, and Kakashi."

-

I ordered two pork ramens and sat staring at Kakashi and Sakura. Sakura nodded me on, as if beckoning me to tell my story. I waited for ramen guy to start cooking, and then I spoke.

"I know this is going to sound crazy," I started. I took several deep breaths and closed my eyes. "But I'm pregnant." I didn't look at them before continuing. "The nine-tails is a something I guess, and uh because of him I could get pregnant, which I never knew about and so yeah." I opened my eyes to see Sakura stunned, and Kakashi unsurprised.

"I figured something like this had happened," Kakashi said, tilting his head down. "It's Sasuke's, correct, Naruto? That's why you chased after him?" I nodded.

"Does Sasuke know?" Sakura asked, grabbing my hand and grasping it tight.

"No," I said. "I got a trail on him, but I was very ill, so I came home."

We sat in silence for a second before ramen guy handed us our food. I played with my chopsticks.

"You did the right thing, Naruto." Kakashi sighed. "Im sorry this has happened. We can arrange an... err... maternity leave for you."

I nodded. That's what I needed. Some time to check in with Granny Tsunade, and get what I needed for my  baby. I have my friends to help me.

-

That night, I lie in bed, thinking about Sasuke. The ore I pondered, the more the sadness went away. It was replenished with anger. He done knocked me up and ran away! Sure, he didn't know, but still? When and if he comes back, im gonna rasengan his a-