Chapter 4: "3 months later"

🍥pov:

I sat around my small fire and pulled my jacket on tight. I drew my knees to my chest and shivered. God, it's freezing out here. I pulled myself closer to the fire, staring into the forest surrounding me. 

I've been searching for Sasuke for 3 months. Im only just starting to show my belly bump, but you can't see it with my coat. Im completely lost. I have no trail of Sasuke, and I'm totally clueless on how to find him. 

I stood up and put out my fire. I gathered my things in my bag and started into the forest. I was thinking that maybe, just maybe, Sasuke was in the sand village. I dont know why, and if he isn't there, I can replenish my food supply. I was running low, and I haven't had ramen since the day before I left.

I stepped carefully, not wanting to make too much sound, while knocking small branches and bushes out of the way. All of a sudden, a wave of dizziness hit me, and I collapses against a tree, sliding to the roots. The contents of my bag spilled all over the dirt. Shit.

I sat there for a second, catching my breath and holding my stomach, trying to focus my sight. When I felt somewhat steady, I collected my things and continued on my path. I had 6 months to find Sasuke. I wish he had just waited for me.

🍅pov:

"What do you think you're doing, thief!?" the shop owner yelled at me. I stood there and gave him a dirty look.

"It's just a few tomatoes," I replied irritatedly. "Can't I just have them?"

The shop owner stomped over to me. "You listen to me, boy-"

I enabled my sharingan.

"May I leave?" I mumbled.

"Oh-uh-" I could tell he was startled. "Just, go ahead."

I walked out of the shop and put the tomatoes in my bag. God, sand villagers were annoying. I walked the path back to my camp, through the forest. I passed the village, put the bag by my stuff, and continued to my training grounds. 

I practiced against a tree. I'm on a search for a Sensei to train me, but I've come up with nothing. So, I'll teach myself for now.

I chidori'd the tree to bits, and sat down on the frost-bitten grass. I don't have much to keep busy, and so I just end up thinking about the stupid dobe. I hope he's doing ok. 

🍥pov:

I finally made it to the sand village. I walked to a nearby motel and knocked on the door. 

"Hello? Anybody home?"

"Coming!" a little girl's voice squealed. She opened the door and mumbled a sort of welcome. Inside, it was a dark reception office, the room dimly lit, dirty, and dark. It reminded me of home.

"What can I help you with, sir?" A woman's voice asked from behind the counter. She had on a sand village genin headband.

"I was wondering if I could get a room," I suggested, scratching the back of my head.

The woman looked at me. "Are you on a mission?" She asked, staring skeptically. "Shinobu in town for missions get a free room for a night," she added, smiling.

I didn't have any money. I really needed that room.... "Oh, yeah!" I said chipperly, smiling wide. The receptionist gave me a room key.

"You can have 109. Have a pleasant stay!"

I nodded and marched to my room. It looked a lot like my old apartment. It felt like home. I sat on the bed and felt my stomach. Doing this always calmed me. My stomach growled, ordering me to eat something. I haven't eaten in a day or two...

I locked my door and headed out for the shop. On the way, I found 20$ on the dirt path. What a lucky day! I spent it on some food. Fruit, bread, and a gallon of water. I had somewhat of a feast that night in my tiny motel room, satisfying both me and my baby.

-

The next day, I checked out of my room and packed my bag for my search. I decided to climb up a frost-bitten hill to what looked like a training ground. I walked around, staring at a tree, blown into bits. I knew Sasuke well, and I knew this was done by a chidori. I was getting close. I sat down next to the demolished tree and took a sip of water. I ended up falling asleep there.

🍅: pov

I left my "camp" and headed for my training grounds. I climbed up the hill. Reaching the tree I had chidori'd the day before, I stood in utter shock.

There before me, was Naruto. He shone like a sun before me, surrounded by cold and ice. I sat next to him, to stare at his perfect face. Had he followed me?

I had forgotten how beautiful he was. His hair blew in the wind like an angel. I resisted the urge to kiss him. I gave in. His lips were so familiar; it's like I've never left. I parted from him and smiled.

"Dobe,"

"Teme," I heard him mutter. He was awake! No, he was still half-asleep. Phew. I ran away quickly. I had to leave before he found me, he would try to bring me back to Konoha.

"Goodbye, Naruto."

🍥pov: I woke up frigid and cold. I stood, nausea overpowering me. I vomited, crouching at my knees, hoping it would stop. It wouldn't. I need Sasuke.