found fern friend (pt2)

I fix myself as grab my string bag and my hoodie jacket with my phone and keys. Passing Dan's damn dinner and a old thrift store, there it was the dirt path.

I saw a man went to sit down with random person, the old people that feed the birds and kids running around the play ground. I went further in to look for them. This park is at the edge of the suburban area.

I cant feel my legs at this fucking point! Maybe I should ask a local for details about him or if they knew him. Yet since I just moved in, I'm not completely unsure to do this and it too late.

I should eat more to keep me thinking right. Yet it been stupid from the beginning since I'm want to thank a stranger in the woods. But the sun is out so I'm more likely to be less of a panic state. And I have my phone, I should at least take pictures of certain things to use as a mark to get back. (Which would be more effective if I did it at the start.)

I found myself back to the path yet no sign of him. I'm Lucky for this do over. So I need to make this count while I can. This would be hard since I would be trying to retrace a accident even if it happened yesterday. But if I get myself in daze like did-

"Those wild flowers!... I gotta be pulling my own leg. Okay, Just thank him and go. "

It would be nice to share the woods with him. But what if hurt me even without blood shed? Like they did-

"Oh.. Your here again. " Thank god he got here! Funny how much his voice given me this much relief. His confusion becomes a happy smug face, As if he knew I was this eager.

"You seem to get lost easily. Hehe, What will you without me Doe-eyes? "

What gotten in to me? His comment made so fluster that I play the hem of my hoodie! I can already feel my flush cheeks blooming a rosey red! I didn't over thing it, just overcome it and I'll back to my cat naps and finals reviews.

"W-well I was hoping to see.. You. since I couldn't thank you properly for what you done for me. " God I can't make more awkward! I acted if I don't mean as it much. I hate to keep eye contact in these situations!! Why did I say it like THAT?! He not saiding anything yet!

"Look I know it came of kinda crass last night. But I kinda still felt bad if I didn't thank you for it. " I'm rumbeling too much to make point? Does he think it as a dumb ass move? Just finish your sentence and hear him out (y/n)!!

"Soo.. Ummm... Thank you uh-"

"Alan. (◍^ᴗ^◍)"

"?"

"My name is Alan, Might as well get it out of the way. "

"Right. I'm (y/n). Again thank for helping out... Alan." I speak his name to try and his name came out softer than how I usually spoke. He avoid my eyes but smiles kindly.

"It nothing, it just real sweet of you to come back to say that. "

Wait is he flirting? Yet seem shy about it, how cute. Can't help but feel a dumb smile being plaster on my face.

We talk into a whole new conversation (mainly he getting to know me.) It was interesting how we amaze at each other's life style. And was happy to hear that be having more free time after my last week of college. But was running out of topics for our conversation.

I don't think he won't mind if I ask questions about him. I don't want he to think I only want my ego to be stroke.

"Im curious about one thing, if you don't mind me asking."

"Sure, go ahead. shoot it."

"What made you want be in woods, I know I'm new to this small city and I understand if it that personal. "

" I knew people don't really talk about me. But I figured I lived better here. On my own.. I guess? That what is I'm sure about. "

"I guess we both hermits in our sea world. "

I think it valid if one doesn't wish to be active in a social settings. Still you would be coming off weird since I want to interact with Alan.

It no common current that strangers go though the trouble to thank you after departing back into our norms. Despite his word of being a loner, Alan was easy to talk with. It was standoffish thing for myself. I didn't felt to odd nor anxious.

Maybe he could be a shy extrovert? He did started the conversation without hesitation.

"Hey."

" ? "

"How about we check a place out? I think you'll like it." I blink at his vague wording.

"Hmmm, that just depends I won't be fungi corpse food. Just sounds slightly shady of you Alan." I was only messing around and got a cute laugh out of him.

It wasn't my best. But to have someone enjoy each other, maybe that could be something I lacked. I just it wouldn't hurt.