an artificial sour taste

BEEP!!

"HOLY SHIT!! "

I gasp the air that returns in my sore body. Tears fell as my body shaken up from the rings of pain that inprinted on my neck and... My mind forever haunting me.

BTZZZ! BTZZZ!!

My phone buzz once more checking my messages. Only for my trembling hands make to make it face away from me. It was a alert for a missing person. The thought of me being close to be one. It killed me to my core.

I refuse to believe that it could be them, not after all this time I cut them out. The sleeping meds that shattered across my bedroom rug confirm that they wanted more that me.

I can't function to start my day like this. Poor sleep, being attacked, my risk of my anxiety attack coming up....
I could go out for a walk....

I could see Alan. He doesn't seem to have a busy lifestyle as far I can tell. Knowing how carefree I felt. The safety I could be in his side. The knack that he gives that keep me on my toes.

The warmest thoughts I get were himself. In his own odd yet addictive charm. I could see him once I'm ready....

Wait I don't have a number on him! Last thing I need is a "we gotta stop meet like this" situation on us. Still not much to do since I have no other form then that.

The forest was slowly is becoming more exciting place for me. Knowing I look forward to it more often because I met Alan. It was better than slowly growing a pile of soda cans and class year work projects.

From the distance I see Alan fidgeting with his hatchet. As on cue he notice me coming up to him. Seeing the bear fangs teeth of honey sweet smile.

"Y/N, You made it! " he waved at me wanting me to come closer. My walking then becomes jogging.

"*puffs* H-hey Alan... Sorry if I came late. "

"You actually on time."

"Really? Hmm. "

That was a kinda surprise me since I manage to a 3hrs sleep, after what happened that night. I shake it off. Now it not the moment time do so. It the time that I'm treating myself.

My eyes focus what was in front of me..
Alan with a hunch position, getting closer to my face leading my face flare up red.

"Ready what I have plan for today?"

"Yeah let's-"

*Ping! Ping! Beep! *

My cellphone rings it's tune cut us off. "You don't if I take this? " asking Alan. He let me answer and was greeted by Erika's voice.

"Hey Eri what's up? "

"I want you to come over okay? " I look over at Alan still his chiper self. But that fade into anger as the corner of my eye left him unseen.

"Is it fine for a friend to come over Erika? "

"If it means that brings your hermit ass over then fine. Just be at the park before I ditch the plan. "

*Doot. doot.*

Plan? This might be something really important. Alan eye at my phone as if it was the first time seeing one.

"Wow, I lost touch."

"You never saw a phone? "

"I have one... It just, well outdated to put it at best."Alan fish out a old early 2000s flip phone. Despite being that old it was fully functional.

" cool. I been foreverver since I last saw one. But the ones we got can do a lot more than calling and texting."

"Maybe you can teach me."

I would teach him if I have WiFi. But it was more important to get back to path to park. If make her wait she'll ditch me, but I can be sure since she odd humor t h at does over my head.

I see Erika chilling on the bench and we wave each other. But I noticed that she also brought a friend as well.

I was surprised by it, but I didn't mind. They boy that was company Erika then acted as if I knew him. He was eccentric at best.

He frowns at me understanding my tone(making feel a bit bad).

"Do you not remember me? " the gears of my rustic teen years memory kick in from looking at face. Trying to figure out any familiar facial feature.

"Stu? "

"Right on! " with smile and wink like a game show host, cheering at his winning contestant.

"His eyes went lifeless the moment you couldn't remember him. " Erika remark(not knowing if she was pulling a joke).

"Well , it is a bit of shock I didn't know you came to the same college, Stu."

"Yeah I found out recently too. That why I wanted to surprise you. "

Stu was my friend since elementary, when we were young we're close as possible. Yet no two people share the same goal nor achievements. By my first year in college we lost touch with what we valued more at the time.

But now he's was here before me. Which speaking of, I almost forgot about Alan! It best to introduce him to my friends.

" since Erica brought here. I also brought someone with me. This is Alan. "

I look at Alan with a smile, but drop it seeing his displeased expression. Maybe I shouldn't put him on the spot...
He gave them a low and gruff still simple "hey" In a yninteresting tone. Leaving all four of us silently standing .

Erika eyed at me, her cue for me to lighten up mood before words are left in a sour taste between the boys.

"How did you manage to met Erika? " Stu focus on recalling on that encountering with Erika. Only for her to speak for stu.

"After we met up last time, he came up to me, saying he knew you."

"That a bit questionable. " Alan threw himself into the conversation. Starling stu and making Erika stiff.

"Why you didn't went up to (y/n) then? " Alan questioning stu actions. This bitterness is getting out hand.

Knowing him myself, it was standoffish since he the type to pull the first move, the ace in his sleeve. Instead of waiting for something to happen.

"Hey don't think it's rude to intrud, especially when meeting them big guy?"

"You are avoiding the question." Alan sharp teeth grits with a annoyance.

I couldn't help but feel culpability by this. This isn't how things were meant to go.

Erika read my anxious worrying that it end badly, we try to break it off. Erika getting stu as I get Alan.

"Look if you want your answer, he approach me because. It because he wanted my number."

I felt a bit stung by those words. But it still made stu actions more sense,since it got rocky in middle school.

"Oh. I see.. Then I don't want hold you two any longer. I understand if it just a quick catch up."

"What?! (Y/N)! "

"No!... I get it, I'll see you around stu."

Alan arm wrap around me as he guide me away from who I thought was a caring person. Only to found out that he was seeing if he could in girl's bra tonight (which I doubt since it's Erika).

I let my body lean on Alan as he rubs my back. My puffy cheeks touching the soft fabric of his jacket sooth me.