Chapter 13 "A challenger approaches!"

Chara and I have made our way over to the skelobro's house and have been chilling out really. Fun times are the best times am I right?

Sans; So..you and Chara a thing now?

Y/n; is it that obvious?

Sans; Well she has her legs propped up on your lap and your not bothered at all by this.

It's true, Chara and I are on the Skelobro's couch while Sans is sitting in their new chair that looks strikingly like one of the Dremurr's big reading chairs.

Chara; Teddy... I mean Y/n is my personal body guard now and he is being used to his fullest.

Sans; (jokingly says) I hope you kids are using protection then.

Chara blows up red in embarrassment and digs her face into my chest. I was expecting Sans to crack a joke like that so it didn't really bother me. I was just disappointed and Sans could see that while he laughs.

Y/n; Anyway where is paps and Frisk?

Sans gives me a causal look and points up stairs.

Y/n; No d*mn way!

Sans (chuckles) it's not like that pal this is Paps we're talking about. He's just showing her his room, nothing is going to happen.

Frisk and Papyrus leave the room and comes down stairs to great us. Frisk and Chara look at each other intently. Frisk smiles and looks at where Chara is sitting.

Frisk; How is your cushion?

Chara; Hes fine.!

I wrap my arms around Chara to calm her down. She relaxes and snuggles up to me.

Paps; Y/n I the Great Papyrus have a question for you.

Y/n; Lay it on me Paps.

Paps; It is rumored that by default if any monster is able to take on a royal guard and defeat them in battle that they are aloud a position in the royal guard?

Y/n;...uhmm....well...that is true you can ascend ranks in the royal guard by defeating a captain of the royal guard, but that's some old stuff I don't think the we use anymore.

Sans; Come on Pal just give him a wager.

Y/n; Fine...Paps if you can at least stand on your own I will put in a good word for you.

Paps lite up with excitement and Determined.

Paps; I will not let your down!

Time skip to outside.

Frisk, Chara, and Sans are standing on the said lines with Sans and Frisk cheering on for Paps. Chara was cheering for me and making me blush a little.

Papyrus takes his stance as I take mine. I spread my feet to mach my shoulders and prop my fist in front of me.

Paps; Prepare yourself hybrid!

Papyrus sends his normal bone attacks. It's child's play compared to me. I dodge them with no problems, but suddenly I'm hit from behind by an attack from papyrus. I forgot his bone attacks come back if they miss the original target.

I use my magic to super jump in the air and cover my fist in fire and mix my signature attack ebony strike.

Y/n; Meteor Strike!

I came crashing down where paps was standing not trying to hit him but the ground beneath him. Paps wobbled to and from, but managed to stay on his feet.

Y/n; Not bad!

I fazed over to paps and landed a direct punch to his armor. Paps showed signs of pain, but he stood proud.

Paps; I won't go down without a fight.

Y/n; You won't?(chuckles)

I turn up the heat and cover my hands in fire then shot off some consecutive punches at papyrus. Paps blocked off some of them, but he wasn't able to check them all.

Papyrus looks a little ruff around the edges, yet continues to fight.

Y/n; I won't blame you if you back down Paps.

Paps; Nonsense I great Papyrus shall defeat you!

Hmmpha paps won't back down; His dedications to this fight alone is enough to get him in. What is it Undyne, why won't you let him join?

Paps; Prepare yourself Hybrid!

Paps uses his ultimate attack. A huge bone is flung my way. It's too big to dodge. I'm going to have to block this. In my last attempt I prepare my fist for another meteor punch except I'm moving forward in mid air so I'll call this attack "Commit crash"!

I break through the bone and hit Papyrus dead on sending him flying to a near by wall of cave.

Y/n; I went a little too far!

I super jump to Paps who is still wanting to fight. He doesn't look good, but still persistent.

Y/n; I know you can handle a hit and your attacks aren't that bad either. It's just, I think I know what the problem is.

Paps; What..is it..huuhff.

Y/n; Paps when we where fighting. Your attacks were strong yet it seemed like you were holding back. Let me ask will you ever hurt someone.

Paps; What! No I would never hurt anyone!

Y/n; I see...Well Paps I have it figured out. You...can't join the royal guard.

Paps; But why not!

Y/n; Papyrus one of your duties as a royal guard is being able to harm another person. Not for any bad reason; we have to have certain requirements to enforce harm. Like if someone threatened the princess life or the kingdom for that matter. My point is your too soft Paps.

Papyrus; But surely there is a way to be a royal guard without causing harm to anyone!

Y/n; Sometimes yeah we can avoid that outcome, but a royal guard has to harm evil so that it will go away.

Paps; I see.

Y/n; Paps look I'll ask Asgore if he could look into letting you join the royal guard.

Paps; (Smiles) Thank you Y/n.