Episode 8

"Hi, can I have the wifi password please?" A short plump man asks Taehyun, who has a reindeer headband on his head with the most stoic expression on his face

"You have to order from us first" Taehyun replies the customer.

"Uhh... I'll have one flat white."

"Sure, that will be 3.5k won" Taehyun forces a smile when the small bell on his headband jingles as he collects the payment.

He fucking hates working on Christmas Eve. No, he actually loves it because of the extra pay he'll be getting. But he hates having to wear stupid accessories. It's just not his thing. He doesn't like having anything on his head.

"Here's your flat white" Taehyun says as he places the cup of coffee onto the customer's table.

"Thanks... Can I have the password now?"

"Youhavetoorderfromusfirst."

"I just ordered..."

"That's the password" Taehyun smiles again, this time out of satisfaction.

Who's the genius who came up with such a wifi password? It's none other than Kang Taehyun. His marketing skills are really something else.

"Taehyun, is Beomgyu-ssi not picking you up today?" His coworker asks curiously once his morning shift was over.

"Nah" the silver haired answers simply and loosely wraps his black scarf around his neck.

"Have a good Christmas!"

"Mhm" Taehyun grabs his bag and leaves the cafe.

As he walks down the joyously decorated streets with families and friends chattering away among themselves, Taehyun feels slightly out of place. Even Beomgyu's family is visiting him for Christmas. He has no family. He doesn't long for one though. He's honestly fine without one. But now that's not the problem. Beomgyu's family will be over. And how is he supposed to act around them? He doesn't know. How will they be like? Will they be just like Beomgyu? Loud, overly friendly and accommodating? Taehyun usually doesn't overthink of such things and usually doesn't give a fuck about his first impression on others, but they're Beomgyu's parents. He has been free loading at Beomgyu's place for a year now and considering that the older's family is freaking loaded, he kind of assumes his parents to be the typical cold type that will judge him with the high standards they will have. 

And to return emptyhanded with no gifts for them, not even for Beomgyu? Taehyun doesn't feel too good about it. But he doesn't do gifting in the first place. It will be out of his comfort zone to suddenly give Beomgyu or anyone a present. He has never done it in his whole life. 

With such thoughts, he reluctantly returns to Beomgyu's residence, knowing very well that once he opens that door, he will be greeted by three other strangers.