Episode 16

5ᴀ

5ᴀ.ᴍ.

Taehyun was in the kitchen, boiling water with an electric kettle when he heard the door clicking open and the shuffling of two pairs of shoes on the floor.

"Taehyun, I'm going to intrude for a while."

It isn't Beomgyu's voice.

Whipping his head around, Taehyun sees Yeonjun standing at the entrance of the kitchen, dressed in a semi-formal attire, seemingly for work.

"Where's Beomgyu hyung?" the young silver haired man asks, feeling confused and slightly worried. What is Yeonjun doing here at 5am? And why is Beomgyu's home so late? Beomgyu didn't even read his texts when Taehyun had asked if he was coming home at 12am.

"He's here... don't worry. Is it okay if you return to your room for now?" Yeonjun asks, his tone soft and polite.

"Okay... let me just-" Taehyun pours the hot boiled water into his cup with a teabag inside. "I'll leave now..."

"Thank you" Yeonjun gives him a small smile and makes sure Taehyun returns to his room before walking back to where Beomgyu is, with the AI camera following him.

"Beomgyu..." Yeonjun whispers softly to the distraught man sitting on the floor.

The said man turns around to face Yeonjun, nervousness evident on his face and actions. He's still wearing his work attire from the day before, but now all wrinkled and messy. His unbuttoned collar exposing what seem like hickeys on his neck and collarbone.

"Did Taehyun go back to his room?" Beomgyu asks carefully, peeking around the corner to double check.

"Yes... now will you please get up and go back to your room?" the older man sighs, "can't believe you called me up just to escort you home... fucking hell."

"I fucked up" Beomgyu hisses as he pulls Yeonjun up to his room with him.

"I don't have time for this" Yeonjun complains as he's being dragged, "what's even the problem?"

"The problem is that these-" Beomgyu points aggressively at the marks on his skin, "are fucking prominent."

"And...?"

"Taehyun's going to see them!"

"Does he not know?" Yeonjun frowns.

"No... he doesn't" Beomgyu admits.

"He doesn't know you go around fucking people?"

"I don't go around fucking people."

Yeonjun gives him an unamused look.

"I stopped doing that a long time ago, last night was a mistake" Beomgyu groans into his own hands. "It wasn't supposed to happen. And it's so wrong."

"Wrong in what way?" Yeonjun crosses his arms, scrutinising his friend.