Episode 24

"I was only walking through your neighbourhood, saw your light on honey in the cold I stood

"I was only walking through your neighbourhood, saw your light on honey in the cold I stood. Anywhere I go there you are, anywhere I go there you are~" 

"Hyung, can you please help me instead of singing?" Taehyun sighs and dumps his clothes into his luggage defeatedly, running his fingers through his now black hair in slight frustration. 

"I been getting used to waking up with you, I been getting used to waking up here. Anywhere I go, there you are, anywhere I go, there you are" Beomgyu continues to sing as he sits down beside his boyfriend and takes out the messy clothes to fold and reorganise them, "You're the fire and the flood and I'll always feel you in my blood. Everything is fine when your hand is resting next to mine- Taehyun-ah, you're very messy." 

"Well thanks for pointing it out" Taehyun deadpans, standing up and walking to his closet to grab his vacuum storage bags. 

"Since we met I feel a lightness in my step. You're miles away but I still feel you. Anywhere I go, there you are.  Anywhere I go, there you are. Late at night when you can't fall asleep, I'll be lying right beside you counting sheep" the red haired sings and hums as he helps the younger pack. 

Taehyun listens quietly, paying attention to the lyrics while his hands are busy stuffing clothes into the bags. It's not very often that Beomgyu sings, and it's even rarer to see him play any musical instruments. Yet here he is, singing to an unfamiliar song in his lower register with a smooth deep voice, a guitar on Taehyun's bed that he had brought in with him. In fact, Beomgyu doesn't even go to his music room much. Only once a month to check on his instruments and tune them. Taehyun doesn't question him why, nor has he ever asked him to perform any songs on the piano or guitar. What he does know, however, is that music holds some kind of significance to Beomgyu. What he doesn't know is what kind of significance it could be.

"Taehyun-ah, after we're done packing, do you want to learn how to play the guitar? Hyung will teach you" Beomgyu suddenly says with a soft tone, but to Taehyun, it feels distant and off.

"Yeah... Sure" he agrees, not wanting to risk rejecting Beomgyu. He knows that something's different today. And Taehyun doesn't want to think about the reason behind Beomgyu's odd behaviour.

"I'm going to put this in your luggage, okay?" the older asks, holding up a Disney chocolate and cookies tin they bought for Hanuel in Japan Disneyland, "and these as well." Beomgyu picks up a korean ramen pot. 

Taehyun spares a quick glance at the items and nods his head. 

"And this?" Beomgyu asks again, wanting Taehyun's attention. 

"Just put whatever you think will be useful to me" Taehyun replies without checking. 

"Okay, gotcha, lingerie checked." 

And Taehyun had never turned around so quickly in his life before. He felt as if he might have just snapped his neck, feeling a dull ache from the sudden turn.