Chapter 7

"I know you still think I'm a demon, Shinobu. The smile can't hide your thoughts from me." Y/N said, looking towards the smaller woman. "You are very observant Y/N, I do still think you're a demon, not many could win so easily against Sanemi. Plus, you look very animalistic when you use your, as you called it, 'blessing'." "You do have a point, but I assure you I am not a demon. Hopefully I never will be one. If I had a choice, I would rather die than become one of them." Y/N said grimy before sneezing as the group passed the wisteria boundary of the butterfly mansion, Shinobu looked towards Y/N, curiously, as no human had ever sneezed at the scent of wisteria before. "You also have bad experiences with demons?" Shinobu asked sensing the truth behind your statement, "I have. I never knew my parents, all I've known are demons and running from them, nothing else." Shinobu started at hearing your past, and she responded, "My older sister was killed by Upper moon 2, he tortured her to death before eating her." "Upper moon 2, Aye? When I find that demon, I will rain vengeance upon him, if you cannot complete it yourself." Y/N stated giggling slightly, "We're here," Shinobu stated, disregarding the taller woman's giggles as her imagination, "I will show you all to your rooms and tomorrow we will begin to train your breathing styles to a higher extent than you already are." "Sounds good, thank you Shinobu." Tanjiro spoke up, "Shinobu, are Zenitsu and Inosuke well?" "Inosuke? Who's that?" "He ran off a bit before you arrived, I think he was fighting the 'Father' spider demon before you were." "Hmm, that demon wasn't very weak, but not strong enough to defeat me." "Your friends are well Tanjiro, they are resting and will engage in training with you both tomorrow." "Sorry Shinobu, but I think I have to much energy to rest, can you please show me to a training ground? I really need to work off this energy." "How do you still have energy? Oh well, I can show you to a training ground, would you prefer inside or outside?" "Definitely outside, I might dissolve the walls if I train inside." Tanjiro shuddered remembering the boulder that you dissolved. "Dissolve the walls? Your breathing style is very odd. Can I study it some time?" "Of course, Shinobu, now Tanjiro should probably get to bed, he looks dead on his feet," Tanjiro yawned, further reinforcing your point. "Of course, Y/N the doors to the outside training room are three doors down on the right, if there is someone training there, please leave her be, she isn't very talkative." "Oh ok, I'll head out there now, see you in the morning Tanjiro." Y/N strode off, opening the door to the outside training arena, waving at Tanjiro and Shinobu as you walked through. As Y/N stepped through the doors a blade flew at her neck. Y/N's eyes widen as you hurl yourself backwards into the building, unsheathing your blade as you do so. "Oi, Oi, who are you?" Y/N calls out to the quiet looking female with a pink flower-patterned blade. The woman flipped a coin, once it landed, she said, "I am Kanao," "Calm down then, I'm only here to train my breathing style," Another coin was flipped, "Ok, I was about to go to bed anyway," "Goodnight then Kanao," Kanao waved as she headed in through another set of doors on the opposite side to the set Y/N had come through. "Killer breathing, seventh form: Plagued mist," Green mist flowed from the edge of the blade, a rotten smell following its appearance. Y/N slashed around, practicing her breathing to last longer. "Killer breathing, first form: Belled Wraith," Y/N sat down, becoming completely invisible and keeping this form running for as long as possible. An hour later, Shinobu came out into the training ground, Y/N still invisible, "Y/N, are you here? Your friends are getting worried about the amount of time you're training." Y/N breathed out, appearing again, "I'm here Shinobu, I'll come in now,"

Time skip to morning

Zenitsu's scream shattered the cool morning air, "I don't want to take the medicine! It's too bitter!" Y/N burst from her bed, eyes glowing as she brought her blade in front of her. "Oh, it's just Zenitsu screaming... Sorry, it's a reflex," When Y/N leapt out of her futon, the others silenced. "S-sorry for waking you!" Zenitsu yelled, crying and sniffling. "Ehh, it's fine, I probably should have been up by now anyway. Oh? Who are you three?" "We are the Butterfly triplets; we're going to show you to the training ground for rehabilitation training." "Oh, thank you in advance then, also Zenitsu... take your medicine. Now." Zenitsu gulped and drank the medicine. "Now, shall we go start training?" Y/N said, sheathing her blade again and placing it next to her bed. "We will, follow us please."

In Y/N's mind

The sibling gods sat and watched through Y/N's eyes. "She doesn't know yet, does she?" "No, I want to try to keep this between us for the mean time, but we will have to tell her eventually," "It will have to be soon, we don't have much time left, luckily we have possessed those birds of hers, we will still be able to talk with her after our powers and strength are absorbed by this body," "Yes, hopefully she doesn't try to hurt herself or others when she finds out." "I hope so too, she is the first to see us both meaning once it happens, she will be very strong. Strong enough to defeat anyone in her way." "I don't think she will take it very well, but it seems that boy is smelling change in her. We will have to tell her sooner than we thought"

To be continued