BakuDeku

This was requested a while back, but I didn't get to it till now and I am so sorry. @Mmitchell0309 I hope you like it if you end up reading it.

⚠️⚠️Talks about hearing loss, depression, and other issues to do with mental health. A lot of Bakugo angst!⚠️⚠️

This is going to be a long one, I'm trying something a bit different, so tell me if you guys like it even if my writing isn't that good.

My AU! Hearing loss, depressed! Bakugo and Villain! Deku. As well as She/They demi-girl Mina, They/He non-beany Sero, and He/Him trans Kiri. Kami is just vibing and doesn't particularly identify with anything so he goes by any pronouns and identifies with untitled. Mina, Sero, and Kiri are in a poly relationship. Kami is a single pringle for now. I have other head cannons but, they won't be brought up in this specific fic. Also keep in mind, they are the same height when hugging. (:

My therapist told me to start a journal documenting my feelings and events. I think it's stupid, but she's the professional.

"Take a swan dive off the roof of the building and pray that you'll have a quirk in your next life." I still remember what I told him, and I regret it. He went missing that day. I hate the thought, but it's extremely possible that he took my advice. Because of his disappearance, I took it upon myself to be the best for him. I wasn't sure that I would be before, infact, I was pretty sure I wasn't even going to make the top ten if I became a hero. I haven't stopped looking for him, and probably won't. He was important to me.

I was horrible to him, and for what? Because he wasn't like everyone else? Yeah right, I was just a stupid kid with confidence issues. Infact, I'm surprised I was able to even bag him as a friend when I acted the way I did at only five. He was smart, funny, and so fucking loyal, but my douchebag ass threw that all away. I always say that I have no regrets, but screwing that up is something I will never forgive myself for. The doctor checked my ears to see how bad they got after last month. He says I need to stop using my quirk so much or face the repercussions.

The scars on my hands and arms aren't the worst part of it either. My body is built for the heat, not the explosions themselves. The scars are bad, but my worst concern is the hearing loss. My class hasn't figured out how my quirk affects me, if they did they'd tell Aizawa, and he'd be pissed. I mean, Todoroki obviously has his issues with the constant freezing of his other side, but he is working on it. Mine can't be changed.

You'd think with how well my quirk correlates with my parents, my body would have some kind of immunity to my own quirk, but sadly that's not the case. I should've listened to Deku… he always told me this was a possibility, I guess I always just thought he was calling me weak. He learned sign language for me, even tried teaching me. Now I have to learn on my own, all because of how ignorant I was. Whatever, I deserve to deal with it. This is my punishment.

On the good side of things, Kiri finally came out the day before break and has gotten support from everyone. Mina and Sero are especially proud and keep acting like he is their son.~

P.S. I don't know how the Fuck I'm supposed to end a journal entry, so that is what I'm doing from now on.

I closed the journal, throwing it on my bed from where I sat at my desk. Today's therapy session got fucking nowhere! It was all the same fucking questions. "How do you feel?" "How are things at home?" "How is school?" Blah, blah, blah, all stupid questions. I looked out my window, this was a holiday break, these are supposed to be fun and festive. Yet, here I am, just home from therapy, crying for the seventh time today, huge headache, barely able to hear, and no friends that care enough to at least send a "Happy Holidays" text.