《01》

"Glory to the bright moon of the Northern Empire!"

The crowd cheered for the Northern princess as she stepped out of the carriage, waving elegantly at them.

"Your majesty! May I have an autograph?"

"Your majesty!"

Natalya had always been favored ever since she was born. She was the pride of the Imperial Family, inheriting her family's preserved features. They favored her more than her elder brother and even pitted her against him, who was treated like an illegitimate child.

Some people even dared say that the Empress, her mother had an affair behind her husband's back. Of course, their father was beyond enraged and threatened to slit their throats. Spoiler alert, their father really slit their throats.

So they stopped in fear of the Emperor's anger. But they did not stop talking behind his back at all. Natalya would often hear them complementing her and suddenly talking smack about her brother.

Andrei, however, did not bother to retort and did his thing. Natalya was perplexed at first but when she saw how he got back at them she was amazed. He did it using his talents.

He amazed the aristocracy with his remarkable skills in swordsmanship and magic. People started to not call him a bastard child.

There started the debate on who would succeed the throne. Half of the Enpire went for Natalya while the other half went for Andrei. We all know how it ended, Andrei succeeded after beating Natalya in a duel.

Andrei became a wonderful ruler but was scrutinized for one thing...

It was that he did not want to marry.

Their parents, especially the new empress dowager, their mother, was perplexed.

She worried that her son, Andrei will remain alone forever. I mean, he already has a reputation for being cold and this could stir more rumors. Some even started to speculate that he was impotent which was untrue by all means.

God forbid that Andrei decides to not marry at all and ends their bloodline.

But Natalya loves her brother very much and respects his decision. She convinced her mother to a deal. It was that Andrei would be allowed to choose his spouse and if he doesn't in the next 10 years, they would immediately label Natalya's future child successor.

So they stopped pestering their son to get married.

But what they don't know is that the reason he doesn't want to marry is all because he wants to give Natalya the Empress' throne.

Nobody knows where the rumor of the incestuous relationship of the twins came from but they are sure that it was only spread to prevent the crown princess from getting married.

Rumors say that it was Emperor Andrei who staged it all, some say it was the enemies of the royal family, some say the princess spread it herself.

But one thing was widely known about the royal twins. They are not the type of people that should be messed with.

~*The Remarried Empress*~

Natalya sighed as she calmly plucked one of the roses from the bush.

Olga and Polina had insisted to join her (in case she were to encounter the whore again).

"Polina.." Natalya called out.

Polina perked up, "Yes, your majesty?"

Natalya almost wanted to pat her head. The lady is very adorable.