《09》

Everyone in the continent knew how close Crown Prince Heinrey and Crown Princess Natalya were back in day.

When both of them were just fleeting royals, the two were very close and were often seen together sparring in the training grounds as children.

Everyone didn't doubt the possibility of them getting married in the future.

What they shared was something that contractual engagements don't usually have.

Mutual respect and affection for each other. Many became envious of them as they didn't have such.

For as long as their engagement was set in stone, they had often treated each other as equals, helping each other in any way.

They were fit to be rulers so many speculated that if King Wharton III were to die, they'd become the new rulers of the country.

~*The Remarried Empress*~

His champagne blonde hair swayed in the winds as he looked around the unfamiliar hallways.

Right after he had been greeted by the Emperor and the Empress, he was led to his suite by a few servants called in by the Empress.

But he was lost. Shocking, right?

He sighed to himself, sitting down on a bench, looking around hopelessly.

McKenna was going to bury him alive that's for sure.

"Perhaps I should've listened to McKenna.."

Sighing, he gave up.

But a voice snapped him out his reverie.

"Um, excuse me, my lord.."

He looked up, suddenly meeting with a familiar pair of diamond-like eyes.

!!!

His eyes widened as well as hers.

"Natalya..!"

Yes, indeed. It was her. Oh how beautiful she still was.

She smiled, sitting beside him idly.

"You still look as handsome as always, my fair squire.."

His ears turned pink, clearly taken aback by her remark.

She was still calling him by the petname she gave him years ago. It truly caught him off guard.

"You're far more beautiful than I am, my Queen.."

Careful not to stutter, he replied.

Natalya chuckled, looking up at the clear blue sky.

"How was your trip on the way here?"

His flushed cheeks return to normal as he returned a playful smile.

"It was quite dull actually.."

She raised an eyebrow.

"And pray tell why?"

He looked at her with pleading eyes.

"Because you weren't with me, my Queen..!"

Natalya chuckled, patting his shoulder.

"You're still as lively as ever, my fair squire..!"

Heinrey couldn't help but be influenced by her happy-go-lucky attitude.

Ah, it felt as if it were only yesterday when they were first engaged.

"Shall I guide you to the guest palace?" She suggested, smiling brightly as she offered him a hand.